Team Six Star [6*] - Scrim Ready

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Clans, Team, and Tournament' started by zanarias, January 26, 2011.

1. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

I just lmao'd when I read "At least 2-2.5" at thought of how brutal it was play a game of TF2 with a good KDR.

Besides, it's moot if you're reading from the lockeroom: When you do start scrimming your stats WILL go down fast, till eventually you have to kick everyone off again.

May as well get five screenshots of five games with one class that meets the criteria instead of basing it entirely on the thousands of matches they've already played in all kinds of personal moods and degrees of experience from playtime.

Would have thought "uses a mic" is requirement enough considering how damn quiet everyone is in this game.
  2. grimbar

grimbar New Member

And you bring hate to this recruitment topic why? Zanarias told you in the other one already.

Wanna bitch about KDR? General Discussion is that way
  3. zanarias

zanarias Member

I've already been over the K/D portion with you, but you seem to be curious about how I ended up recruiting all of my members. You seem to believe that, much like nRG, anybody should be able to get into Six Star without effort. This is not the case.

First, let me clarify some things. If you had been reading my thread closely, I wouldn't have to elaborate at all.

-Our K/D requirement, compared to some other clans, is -extremely low-. We've been courteous in setting it this low.

-Our K/D requirement only relates to your performance IN A TYPICAL PUB MATCH. This is stated in the post that it only relates TO PUB MATCHES. It does not say in a scrimmage match. I also never said anything about reading from the Locker room stat. The people that gave me this value assumed falsely that I needed it.

Additionally, you seem to believe that I have not put any effort into checking if the new recruits are any good. Once again you are highly mistaken. For both Velo and MonkeyPulp (welcome to the team by the way), I have had MANY MANY MANY test rounds with them. I have seen them perform on all maps, I have played with and against them, I know their weaknesses and their strengths. I've also brought in the other members to play with and against them to see what they thought about both players. They were invited because they did their job correctly, and have the skill to not be a liability. Both know what they are doing, and both are welcome additions to the team.

Microphones are not 100% required for Six Star in the first place. While highly useful for information relay, I still trust all 5 players to know what they're doing. They all still need to be on TS to take orders and receive information, however.

My question for you is why you continue to question and criticize clan and team requirements, while you're already in one. You are just as well not a clan leader, or a representative, so I'm not sure that you have the authority to question another team's requirements at all.
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Mikey, please let it go. Every clan can decide for themselves what the want as requirements for joining. If it is a requirement to shave your lower legs and color your hair and teeth green that's fine too. (I want to see proof though - pics or it didn't happen!!! :D)

Zanarias, please don't make fun of other clan requirements, some might value fun higher as numbers and Mikey is a good player. I don't think nRG has to be concerned about him feeding.

Some mutual respect guys! Settle your differences in the arena! HiiiiiYoooo...

Deeja, who are you and why are you trying to do my job? Please use the report post button, thank you. ;)
  5. zanarias

zanarias Member

Updated thread with match history/it'll continue to be updated.
  6. zanarias

zanarias Member

Roster updated, match history updated.
  7. LUDACHRIST

LUDACHRIST New Member

What league are you guys playing those matches in the OP in? Was wondering if there was an active league already.
  8. zanarias

zanarias Member

Not really a league, I've just set up scrims/others have set up scrims with me. I'm just keeping a list of wins and losses.

Although there is an active ladder at Jeesports, although not much has come of it so far.
  9. LUDACHRIST

LUDACHRIST New Member

You're listing scrim results?
  10. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Bit of a stretch calling "0 matches played" since the start of it active.
  11. zanarias

zanarias Member

Just trying to be nice, you know :<.

Yes. If there's a problem with this, well, I don't really care.
  12. LUDACHRIST

LUDACHRIST New Member

The enthusiasm and the bravado is cool but... yeah there is something wrong with that. A scrim is a time to practice, try new things, experiment, and refine. Counting scrim wins is foolish and borderline delusional. That's like if a Hockey team recorded all of the inner team practice games they have.

Also, counting a scrim that a team forfeited (if I'm connecting the dots between two threads correctly) is silly. You can't forfeit a scrim. No one enforces scrims rules, times, servers, or anything like that. Forfeiting in competitive gaming exists to make people follow a league's schedule. Without a league, ladder, or prize/wager attached to a match, it's simply a scrim which is simply practice.
  13. zanarias

zanarias Member

/shrug

Make your own team and you can handle scrimmages and such differently. I don't really care about your opinion at this time, and I really don't even know who you are or why you insist on trying to change my mind in a game that hardly has a competitive community anyway.

But I'll be a cool bro and clarify nonetheless.
  14. LUDACHRIST

LUDACHRIST New Member

It's not really an opinion, it's just sorta the consensus / status quo of... every single game with a competitive community that's ever existed.

You strike me as someone who is playing on their first competitive team. That's cool, everyone has to learn sometime but, it just screams oblivious to anyone with real league / tourney experience. Just trying to help you out man, not trying to break your balls.
  15. zanarias

zanarias Member

I've played competitively in a couple other games, not many admittedly, but not once has someone ever complained about posting scrim results. In fact, they usually spur discussion about the scrim itself. They actually ended up getting other players into teams as well.

I really just can't find a reason as to why you're making a big deal out of something so small. I understand that maybe not everyone does it, but keeping track of wins and losses is not going to hurt anybody. There's not a problem with it.
  16. LUDACHRIST

LUDACHRIST New Member

I'm really not making a big deal out of it, just commenting. Posting scrim results isn't a big deal in a smaller community like this, but keeping track of it under "Match Results" is misleading. Especially when you're counting a scrim forfeit. That's just silly. People should never be happy with a forfeit win, even in a league, let alone as a scrim. All politeness aside that is the newbiest thing I've ever seen.
  17. Runie

Runie New Member

I'm sure you guys are just defending your egos but I have to agree with ludachrist. It's kind of ridiculous that you'd count a scrim forfeit as a "Match Win"
  18. zanarias

zanarias Member

Kay.
  19. RARLiViD

RARLiViD New Member

Lmao look at all of these babies.
    Is funny to me.

Name: RARLiViD

Classes By Skill Level: Assault , Support, Tank, Gunner, Sniper, Assassin

Skill Level Compared to Others: 4.9 KDR shows that I should feel vastly superior.

Time Playing MNC: Since PAX 2010

Timezone: PST ~6:30PM-7AM

Additional Information: Basically I want to gather some competitive experience before PAX 2011 with a team I know to be very good. Hit me up if you want a dominant assault who works well in a coordinated team setting.
  20. Vlane

Vlane New Member

I'm just guessing you didn't actually read Zanarias post.