Super MNC 3v3s Supercross Tournament

Discussion in 'Super MNC Clans, Teams, and Tournaments' started by oogie, February 4, 2013.

1. oogie

oogie New Member

The tournament has started. Games are to be played by Saturday instead of Friday now.

[​IMG]

Week 1:
    The Holy Alliance vs. Team 6: Team 6
    Big Bear Sisters vs. Sabre Toothed Sock Cuckers: Big Bear Sisters
    F*ck You vs. Three Cool Dudes: Three Cool Dudes
    Factory Girls vs. the Fearsome Team 2: Factory Girls
    xXx#yolo#swag#closet#420NoScope#MLGprofessionals#ducky#swagxXx vs. Team Baconators: Team Baconators

Week 2:
    Big Bear Sisters vs. Three Cool Dudes:
    Factory Girls vs. Team Baconators: Factory Girls

New rules you may not have seen!
    Products are not allowed in this tourney. After listening to what people had to say, I decided to ban them.
    Bacon and vendors are both allowed!
    Spunky jungle shortcut from spawn is allowed.

The rules
    -No exploiting map bugs. This includes invincible turrets near walls, shooting through glass (still possible), cheesing from extremely unnecessary spots. There is one exception, though. Cheesing is allowed on the grenade bot spawners. I don't think this is very difficult to deal with, so it will be allowed.

-Both teams must agree on a server to play on. If both teams can't agree, the match must be played on the North America server by default.

-Both teams will also need to agree on a map, otherwise it'll need to be random.

-You need to be honest. I have no way of finding out if someone is telling the truth or not, besides replays. But if I find out someone is lying about a victory, cheating, etc. you and your team will be disqualified and the other team with automatically move on to the next round.

Matches
    We'll need at least eight teams to start this tournament. Grab your friends and start a team, don't be afraid of the competition. Join to have some fun and play against better players. Obviously, each team needs three players, but I will only allow ONE substitute for each team. If one of your teammates happens to be unable to play, and your sub can't either, tough luck, you're out. Matches need to be scheduled by the two teams. You have to play your games in between Monday and Saturday and the results need to be posted on Saturday. I want a private message sent to me from both team leaders telling me who the victorious team was. All you need to do is send me a private message and include the second team leader so I can get their confirmation.

Matches are going to be played best 2 out of 3, except for the final round which will be best 3 out of 5.

Pro Selection
    There is only one certain pro per match! If someone on the other team picks a certain pro, you may not have him! You also may not have more than one of the same class per team, either. If someone picks Tank, no Veteran allowed!
    Pros will be selected as if it were a draft mode. If you don't know what this means, both teams are going to be allowed to ban one pro. Neither team is allowed to pick these banned pros. After banning pros, whoever banned first gets to pick their pro next. This person must lock so that the team can see who you picked. After this, teams t,ake turns selecting pros and locking in. Remember, no two of the same pro allowed!
    There's no way I can monitor this, so I have to trust that your teams will follow the rules of draft pro selection.

That's all you need to know about this tourney, if someone isn't following the rules tell me so that I can deal with it.

Teams
    The Holy Alliance
    -Laviolette
    -Trolldemort
    -NeapolitanFrenchFrie
    -Outlaw

THE FEARSOME TEAM 2
    -Just1more
    -Cake
    -7kbitches
    -Eren

Team Baconators
    -Ninja Sni PAH!
    -Mr. Jabsnor
    -Combat Healer
    -headhunter1

Three Cool Dudes
    -Billysaurus
    -Ryan
    -Anthony

Big Bear Sisters
    -mimneotic
    -Hooey
    -Regaulity
    -Tiblolan

Team 6
    -ThePriize
    -unquestionablelogic
    -Robotnik

Sabre-toothed sock cuckers
    -Swag.exe
    -Why So Serious
    -ManlySideburns
    -Vortex Magus

The Factory Girls
    -The Muffin Man
    -Shaliber
    -Da Killswitch
    -Nova!

xXx#yolo#swag#closet#420NoScope#MLGprofessionals#ducky#swagxXx
    -JammySTB
    -Malevious
    -Timo4545

F*ck You
    -Infinity Canvas
    -Harry Butchers
    -#based$iseyy
    -Whaleman
    Last edited: March 6, 2013
  2. RealWar

RealWar Member

Re: Super MNC 3v3s Tournament

I really wish I could be on a team by myself. I can 1v3 everyone.
  3. novanious

novanious Active Member

Sign me up.
  4. oogie

oogie New Member

You'll need a team first. :p
  5. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

Whoops, there goes the Quake crowd.
  6. thipp

thipp New Member

Attached Files:

7. novanious

novanious Active Member

Why not just randomize singles into teams

Organizing teams is a pain in the ***
  8. emb4

emb4 Active Member

[​IMG]

im in
  9. oogie

oogie New Member

I can do that, but wouldn't you rather play with people you know well rather than randoms? You only need two other people to play with.
  10. novanious

novanious Active Member

Yes but chances are people I know like Nap and Savior will be recruited by better players
  11. mutanteggs

mutanteggs Member

im in
  12. patriarchy

patriarchy New Member

Scouting out the anti fun 5 mans for possible team
    Possible #HOLYALLIANCE with people in the works

~RESERVED
    Last edited: February 5, 2013
  13. thipp

thipp New Member

I can be your pal nova ::3333
  14. VortexMagus

VortexMagus Member

Some questions

1) when is the tournament set up for? 1 week from now? 2? 4?

2) by ban pick, I presume you mean that if one team picks assault, the other team cannot also pick assault, yes? And that each side's bans work for both teams?

3) You can indeed monitor that people follow the pro pick rules; just request a demo of each tournament match and check the first 5 seconds of the game to ensure nobody mirror picks. If they do, disqualify them. If the teams do not submit a demo, disqualify them.

I also suggest that if you're going to track the demos, you have someone from both sides type in chat at the beginning of the game "This is game 2/3 of team X vs team Y. Team X has 1 win and Team Y has 0." so there is no confusion as to whether the game is legitimate or not. Otherwise, unscrupulous teams (not that we have any...?) could dispute legitimate wins based on practice match demos or scrimmage demos.

4) limits on endos or products?

5) This is a supercross thing, right? Not a turbo?

6) Clarification: cheesing is allowed, then, just not from stupid or ridiculous places?
    Last edited: February 4, 2013
  15. youreternalpyro

youreternalpyro New Member

Oh hey a reason to actually play this game again. Count me in.
  16. VortexMagus

VortexMagus Member

I'll get together a team for this, by the way. So I guess you'd count me in.
  17. oogie

oogie New Member

1) As soon as we get eight teams, it will begin a week later.
    2) If one team bans Assault, neither get to play as him. If one team picks Veteran, the other team can not pick him.
    4) No endorsement or product limitations.
    5) Yes, it is Supercrossfire.
    6) Yes, cheesing is allowed.
  18. oogie

oogie New Member

Also, for everyone who has just said "I'm in" I'm going to put you in a looking for team section. Also, I forgot to add on the rule about no two of the same class on one team. It is in there now!
  19. kaien

kaien Member

Add me to the substitutes rooster. I don't think I'm at the same level as most of you guys are, so if anyone needs an emergency replacement hit me up.
  20. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

I'll poll Hammercrew to see if they want to group together. If not, I'm available.

What's ideal comp? It seems like you'll have to choose between a commando or a defender. I'm betting on a lot of double enforcer teams.