[suggestion]proliferation of small-scale WMDs

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jackonorm, October 25, 2013.

1. jackonorm

jackonorm New Member

If T2 air was given extended splash damage and perhaps a small mushroom cloud particle effect for its bombs, it would give the feeling of a tactical nuclear bomber. This would both increase the effectiveness of T2 air (in its current state, it can't do much to land-based units) and would be more fitting for such a large air vehicle.

Also, the orbital laser platform would be much better off if it was given at least limited splash damage, as it is pretty much useless against anything more than a single unit or building.

Those are my thoughts, at least.
    RainbowDashPwny likes this.
  2. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

I think T2 air may have splash already, but that could be my imagination. The cloud effect sounds fantastic, though.

I always thought the Orbital Laser should be more of a sustained beam, visually, so that the victims can tell what's happening to them instead of wondering why their building suddenly vanished before their eyes.
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

T2 air already has the biggest splash in the game and is very effective against ground units.

The orbital laser is effective for sniping against single targets. Lasers with splash damage doesn't make much sense, do you just want splash damage so it is effective at taking out anything?
  4. commodorenarwhal

commodorenarwhal Member

I think a bit of focus on visual effects would yield fantastic results. I'm not too familiar with Advanced bombers so I wont comment on balance/splash damage - but adding a mushroom cloud, or just a more "oompfy" explosion would be great.

As for the laser, no splash, surely that would be OP? but a thin blue laser that does an equal amount of damage spread out over 1/2 seconds - just so that it would be a bit more obvious whats going ob from a defensive stand-point.