Steam Purchase Question

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by majorpayne327, December 2, 2013.

1. majorpayne327

majorpayne327 New Member

Hey Guys,

I just bought PA and man is it cool. I have always been a fan of TA, and the SupCom games so I was excited to add this one to my collection. My question for you is that I bought PA through Steam. Will I be able to get the Soundtrack, Theta Commander, and Wallpapers that are offered through the Warfare Edition Pre-Order in the Store?

Thanks for your time, and I hope to see you on the battlefield

-Major
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

... that's a good question. It was for beta and that sort of passed although it's still prerelease.

I'm sure you can get a copy of the game and soundtrack. Not sure about rest for sure or not.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yes. Though they are not ready to be handed out yet. I would guess Uber would start rolling the extras out come retail release.
  4. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I think the extras are all the same for the £40 category in both steam and ubernet.
  5. thetrophysystem

Oh I understood the question wrong. I thought he meant the cosmic edition or whatever the next edition up was.

Yeah, the preorder edition, the base one, will come with what it says with steam as well as Uber Store.

May I also state that it doesn't matter which you buy it from, you can use both Standalone and Steam for either purchase. That being said, if you buy it through the Uber Store, it funds the devs of the game more and cuts out Valve's share. Therefore, if possible it does a favor to get it from the Uber Store and activate that key on Steam, rather than buy from Steam.

However, if you strongly prefer Steam purchase then it isn't our business how you do it.
    drz1 likes this.
  6. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

You'll get all of that stuff no matter where you buy the instant access version from.
  7. majorpayne327

majorpayne327 New Member

Great, Thanks guys for all the help :)
  8. thesonderval

thesonderval Member

unless you buy it from some dodgy website. lol.
  9. Noogums

Noogums New Member

I have a question regarding the Steam version of the game. Would I be able to upgrade to the Cosmic Digital version? Because when I click Upgrade, it says I don't have any game keys that qualify for upgrading. Does the Steam purchase not count?
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

No.

When you bought game from Steam developers got less money from you than from those who bought though Uber store. So they can't give you any upgrade like that.

Also as long as I know bonuses of Cosmic Digital are tied to UberNet account, so I doubt they able to sell such upgrades to Steam users.
  11. thetrophysystem

Better answer on upgrades might be contact support@uberent.com and see if you can.

They usually listen to things like this. It technically falls under purchase support. Also i am not sure but believe there was some sort of key linking when you get a steam copy to you forum account.

Either way, contact support. Worse case scenario is they can't doit for you.
  12. Noogums

Noogums New Member

Well, yeah. The reason I want to upgrade is so that Uber gets some of the money they didn't get from my Steam purchase, plus extra. More dev-fuelling coffee!

And thanks, Trophy, I'll do that.