Steam Overlay Fixed?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by vackillers, March 28, 2014.

1. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

I'm just curious as to whether or not the game's issue with running via steam has been fixed finally? I would like to run the game via steam but if it still has issues I wont bother. If the performance is still very much crappy compared to running via the uber launcher can someone lemme know? I just haven't seen anything cept a tiny thing on a patch awhile back about this.
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Does the Steam version have the Uber launcher included?
  3. vackillers

Can't remember its been awhile since I last tried to launch the game with steam.. was in alpha last time i tried
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

First I want to notice that problem not actually related to Overlay because even if it's disabled there is still big performance impact.

As long as I know nothing has changed there because it's not some game bug, but complicated problem related to how Windows, Coherent and Steamworks integration works.
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Hm. Funny - I usually tend to get quite adequate performance via Steam with only a GTS 450.
  6. LetsOne

LetsOne Active Member

Steam fine for me. I can play on uber graphics, 90% of the time. I do have an i7 and Gtx 770 but I don't feel like anythings dragging performance down.
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

This problem usually not present with Nvidia. At least with my experience only AMD users was affected.
  8. Geers

Sure, ignore me... I'm nobody important...

:'(
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

LOL :D

As long as Steam account with game linked to UberNet account you're able to use launcher as well.
    Obviously it's completely separate from Steam.
    Geers and cwarner7264 like this.
  10. Geers

DON'T LAUGH AT MY PAIN!

D':
  11. vackillers

thanks for the reply guys. Im currently using a GTX 760 4GB with AMD FX 8320 and 16GB RAM. Think I will still get the performance hit?
  12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Personally I never heard there was serious performance impact for Nvidia users. To check it you can create some extremely large earth planet and compare Steam/non-Steam performance in system editor.
  13. vackillers

Yeah i used to have some serious performance issues with my GTX 560 ti sli machine. Switching to just simply launching via the uber launcher increased my frame rate dramaticlly but that was in alpha and i have since got a new machine since then hence i was wondering about this. My Average frame rate was about 30FPS compared to 50FPS when games just began.
  14. SXX

SXX Post Master General

SLI did cause performance drops since day 0, but I'm not sure how it's was related to Steam. I think easier way to find out current situation it's make some testing again.