Standalone Dedicated Servers Information *Updated*

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 17, 2011.

1. hokay

hokay New Member

Update: I have a warning message in my command line that says:

Warning: Warning, Failed to load Class HostileContent.HGameEventReactionsContent : Failed to find object Class HostileContent.HGameEventReactionsContent

Any ideas what this is..?

I've also just spotted a line which says "Failed to load Steam ServiceServiceStart: Failed to startLog:"

Is that a problem?

racquemis: I have done what you said, I changed "Suppress=DevNet" to ";UnSuppress=DevNet" & the same for DevOnline. I'm guessing I need to solve the above error message first though.
  2. racquemis

racquemis New Member

Those warnings can be ignored. its on all servers, server autocorrects those.
  3. hokay

hokay New Member

So the "Failed to load Steam ServiceServiceStart: Failed to startLog:" can be ignored as well? If it's just the log then I can see it not being a problem. My friend was seeing my server as 192.168.56.1 earlier, so that's now not my local address or my global address!
  4. racquemis

racquemis New Member

192.168.56.1 is a local adress. yes that error can also be ignored
    and its okay its shows the local address. have your friend join the server from the serverlist, not from you on steam. since your playing on the same network as the server the "join a friend" option will show the local address, and it will fail to make a connection.
  5. hokay

hokay New Member

Ah so they need to find me in the server list and NOT through the join a friend, that sounds like my problem then! Assuming they can find me in the server list...we'll check that out soon. I have no idea why the server is loading up on 192.168.56.1 though since I have my PC assigned a static IP of 192.168.1.70. I'll ignore that for now though, see if going through the server list helps. Thanks racquemis!
  6. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

7. hokay

hokay New Member

It works!! It's visible in the Steam servers list & I've got one friend who's managed to join so it's finally working :D thanks everyone for all your help! Incidentally, it's back displaying my proper local IP again instead of the other random one. To the game!
  8. marrr

marrr New Member

Does this game support IP binding yet??
  9. iNilo

iNilo New Member

is there a way to bind the MNCs to an IP ?
    my server has 5 NIC's and it binds to the wrong IP
  10. racquemis

racquemis New Member

unreal engine has the ability to do this, but with the changes uberent made that parameter is not working correctly anymore.

that parameter was: -multihome=<ipaddress>
  11. Setlet

Setlet New Member

fixed for now :)
    Last edited: July 8, 2011
  12. LiamHammo

LiamHammo New Member

I am having some troubles getting my first MNC Dedicated Server up and running. I have install the HLDupdatetool and run the -comand update -game mondaynightcombat -dir ... command which completed downloading all the required files, but when I try to run one of the Batch scripts via cmd I get the following error: "C:\MNC_Game_Files\binaries\win32>"mncds - instance 0 - sd blitz.bat"
    The system cannot execute the specified program."

I have this setup on a Windows XP virtual machine which is fully patched. Any one have any ideas on how I can fix this?
  13. Setlet

Setlet New Member

I need help. I managed to make a crossfire server, but no one can join it. Maybe I don't have the necessary ports opened? I can still make servers for Source games, like tf2.

Also I can't make the blitz command line to work, as there is no mnc.exe anywhere.
    And it probably wouldn't work anyways, like the crossfire server.

I typed the Sample server setup command lines one by one. Is there an easier way to "copypaste" it? Also, why is the server making so freaking hard? That could be a reason why the game isn't so popular, as people can't make their own Blitz server for the creater and their friends to enjoy it.