Standalone Dedicated Servers Information *Updated*

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 17, 2011.

1. Dragonshadow

Dragonshadow New Member

What's the commandline switch to bind the server(s) to a specific IP? My server has 8 IP addresses and I don't want my mnc servers colliding with my killing floor server.
  2. iNilo

iNilo New Member

No ! (well, also :lol: )
    its
    Code:
    adminkick #
    where # is a number
    to find the players number you got to type :
    Code:
    playerlist
  3. eccentric

eccentric New Member

I tried adminkick 262 and adminkick #262 and that didn't work. I could only do adminkickban....please help.
  4. Killing

Killing New Member

This is a problem, as a GSP you need 100% control of server ports that and only 14 servers is a major limitation.

Can the server ports be configured manually without -ServerInstance and if so how, using standard UE config options perhaps?

We would love to be able to support your game as the guys who come to our LAN's love it but we need the ability to fully configure ports and specify config directory before we can do this.
  5. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

We're looking in to the ports issue.

By popular demand we've added the ability to specify game options in a .ini file. This feature will be rolled out in the next patch. Here's how it works:

When you launch a dedicated server by passing in "server" on the command line the engine will now look for a file called ServerConfig.ini in the HostileGame\Config folder. You can tell it to look for a different file by passing -serverconfig=<file>. There are two sections in a server config file [Config] and [Options].

The [Config] section is where you specify key value pairs that will be appended to the launch URL. For example bAllowJuicePurch=True, which gets appended to the command line as <mapname>?bAllowJuicePurch=True.

The [Options] section is where you can add additional command line options if you want. These options are appended to the command line separated by spaces. For example:
    AddOption=-ServerInstance=0
    AddOption=-STEAM_DEDSERVER

You'll find a sample server config file in the HostileGame\config folder called ServerConfig_Sample.ini .

We're still waiting to hear back from Valve about the ports stuff. We'll make sure we take whatever steps we can to make this more configurable.
  6. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

The sooner this rolls out, the better! I'm looking to buy my server from a particular provider and this is necessary. :)
  7. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

Two weeks later and we're still looking forward to this, hope to see it soon!
  8. Wahrheit

Wahrheit New Member

Is the ports issue fixed in the new update?
  9. hokay

hokay New Member

Hi all, I'm a total noob I'm afraid but I really want to get a dedicated server running for me & my friends to play on! I have downloaded the HldsUpdateTool and have managed to get that to run but it says that the "HostAddress IP is 10.0.0.3:777" which is my local address, is that right or should it be displaying my actual IP there? If it is supposed to do that any ideas where I'm going wrong here?

Thanks for any help anyone is willing to give!
  10. racquemis

racquemis New Member

that's perfectly fine, since your behind a router or switch it displays the local address, oonly when you linked directly to the internet will it show your external IP. just make sure all the ports for forwarderd correctly to the Host PC then everything will work fine.
  11. hokay

hokay New Member

Ah good so that seems to be running ok then...Well my friend couldn't see it in the server list in MNC, how would he join it if he can't find it in the MNC server list? If I'm not on it he can't join through me either.
  12. racquemis

racquemis New Member

and your friend is not on the same local network as you?

if so it sounds like a port forwarding problem, port 7777 and 27016 are most important.
  13. hokay

hokay New Member

Is he going to need those ports forwarded too? I have them all forwarded my end.

Edit: It is definitely just a LAN server, it shows up in my servers list on Steam as a LAN server and when I send an invite to my friend the IP it shows him is my local address rather than my external IP address which it should surely be showing? I'm clearly doing something very simple wrong...halp!

Edit 2: Here's the parameters I'm using, it's just the standard one that downloads with the tool:

@start mncds.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?bAllowTeamSelect=True?bAutoBalance=True?MatchDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=6?ClassLimitTank=6?ClassLimitSupport=6?ClassLimitAssassin=6?ClassLimitGunner=6?ClassLimitSniper=6?MaxStarRating=4?MinNumToStart=1?ServerDescription="MNCDS - Standard" -ServerInstance=0 -log=DedicatedServer.log -STEAM_DEDSERVER -seekfreeloadingserver -nohomedir

And I have the following ports forwarded:
    7777-7780
    27000-27050
  14. racquemis

racquemis New Member

okay now i understand, you run a lan server while your friend who is not on your lan gets an invite from you to join, but is not able to since it shows the local address.

when you launch an LAN server it will only accept local connections, hence it gives the local ip address instead of the remote ip address. if you want your friend to join your server there are two options. first one is to create a virtual lan with for example himachi so he will virtually be on your LAN network. second is to host the server as an internet server and password it which would be much easier.

Under LAN mode the server will not accept outside connections.
  15. hokay

hokay New Member

Yes I know all that, we tried Hamachi briefly but no luck with us both on that. How do I force it to create an internet server is basically what I'm asking. I would have thought setting "bIsLanMatch=False?" would have meant it was an internet server and NOT a LAN one.

Has anyone else got a server going over a virtual LAN, i.e. Hamachi or Tunngle?

Any ideas why, even with setting "LANmatch=False", it creates a LAN server and not an internet one?
  16. racquemis

racquemis New Member

thats corrects BIsLanMatch-False will make it an internet server.
    If you still can't connect, you are having a port forwarding issue, please look in the "Standalone Dedicated Servers Information *Updated*" topic for port specifics
  17. hokay

hokay New Member

So you mean this thread right here which we are both posting on? How can it be a port forwarding issue when my command line is telling me it's created a local LAN server, or at least it's reporting my "HostAddress IP" is my local address?
  18. racquemis

racquemis New Member

This has been answered many times before. it isnt hard to understand

Host Address will always take the IP listed in ipconfig, the IP your PC has itself. you are not directly connected to the internet!, there is a router in between, therefore your PC itself will get a local address. ONLY When hosting a server on a dedicated machine directly connected to the internet will it show a non local IP adress.

ONLY When hosting a server on a dedicated machine connected directly to the internet without NAT you won't have to port forward.

Since your probably ave a router with multiple pc's accessing the internet and therefore use NAT you will always need to port forward.
  19. hokay

hokay New Member

Ok that does make perfect sense, I've still got no idea what is stopping people from connecting to me then since everything is port forwarded! I think I'll just give up for now, thanks for all the help though!
  20. racquemis

racquemis New Member

you could try to unsupress the DevOnline and DevNet classes in HostileEngine.ini (remove the ; ) if you restart the server after that all attempts to enter the server will be logged in the server window.

If it does not show any OpenTheWorld messages when your sure people tried to connect we can be quite sure its an port forwarding issue.