Standalone Dedicated Servers Information *Updated*

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 17, 2011.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Check out my first post in this tread for the latest command line options or use one of te batch files we shipped with MNCDS.
  2. SpikerNoob

SpikerNoob New Member

Re: Dedicated Servers Information

EDIT: NM. I figured it out. I had it in there twice. One said "1" and the other said "6".

Dur.
  3. D-ONE

D-ONE New Member

Wondering if there's any update on progress for linux binaries? Itching to get a server up ;)
  4. RagnosUTzone

RagnosUTzone New Member

Said something about this in this Thread.

Don't get me wrong, i want a LinuxDedicated too, but i'm not that optimistic... It's not a technical but a political problem on side of Epic Games...

Regards,
    Ragnos, UTzone.de
    (New on this board, please forgive me if I missed one or two threads about this topic...)
  5. Joh

Joh New Member

As a side note, you might want to update the location of HostileAccess.ini when starting the server with -nohome (INSTALLDIR\HostileGame\Config\HostileAccess.ini).
  6. nopantscat

nopantscat New Member

While Ragnos' speculation is interesting, it'd be great to get an official update on the status of linux dedicated server support.

If it's not going to happen - I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we'd rather know now rather than later. Not looking for sugar-coating, just straight answers.
  7. iNilo

iNilo New Member

**edit**
    I Came across a problem : it says this on launch :
    Code:
    [Window Title]
    C:\servers\MNC\binaries\win32\mncds.exe

[Content]
    C:\servers\MNC\binaries\win32\mncds.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

[OK]
    To me it seems a win2008 server related problem...
    Searching for solutions :)

***edit 2***
    Seems my win2008 R2 doesn't have the .NET framework installed, trying that now ...
  8. marrr

marrr New Member

check out this thread.. I had the same problem as well.
    viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7693
  9. iNilo

iNilo New Member

Ty it fixed my problem ;)
  10. iNilo

iNilo New Member

Little question, how can I assign an IP/NIC to the server ? My Server has 3 NIC's with 3 Different IP addresses. ?
  11. SoKoOLz

SoKoOLz New Member

I'm running on Windows 2003 Server,
    I tried installed the VC2005 and VC2008 again from the server directory and it still doesn't work.

I cannot run the server!!!
    Still got the VC++ Runtime error!

Please help
  12. SoKoOLz

SoKoOLz New Member

I tired uninstalling all exists VC++ runtime. And then reinstalled from the Server packages instead. And still doesn't work!
  13. Leevers

Leevers New Member

Update server files as the updater doesn't always update automatically. a Re-install seems to fix it
  14. CooLSpoT

CooLSpoT New Member

Re: Dedicated Servers Information

been having this issue from BETA!, same box, Win 2008 R2 without firewall.

This is a CONFIRMED fix! - where have you been all of my life?

change the server instance to 2, and its ALIVE
  15. racquemis

racquemis New Member

runtime errors can be caused by out of date configuration files, especially when you the nohomedir and configdir parameters.
  16. SoKoOLz

SoKoOLz New Member

I have test with the original batch files that has been given. And they are all not working.
  17. SoKoOLz

SoKoOLz New Member

And lastly, I have fixed the server and it is up and running.
    I got to delete everything and redownload it again. It might be the batch files. or it might be some other files I don't know. There is nothing to do with MS VC++ runtimes, since it was working before.

Here are the latest commandline, if someone stucked at the same thing as me, you can try this one.
    Code:
    @start mncds.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?bAllowTeamSelect=True?bAutoBalance=True?MatchDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=6?ClassLimitTank=6?ClassLimitSupport=6?ClassLimitAssassin=6?ClassLimitGunner=6?ClassLimitSniper=6?MinNumToStart=1?ServerDescription="MNCDS - Standard" -ServerInstance=0 -log=DedicatedServer.log -STEAM_DEDSERVER -seekfreeloadingserver -nohomedir

18. ThatGuy

ThatGuy New Member

I am pulling my hair out over here. I can not get my dedicated server to stay on the server list. Most of the time when I refresh the list, my server does not show up. I have not been able to nail down exactly what causes it to show up for a few seconds, but there seems to be some correlation between restarting the server and it showing up for only a minute.

Ports are forwarded per the OP.
    I am able to connect to the server through command line (open serverip:port) but it will just not show up in the server list.

My Command Line
    Code:
    @start mncds.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?bAllowTeamSelect=True?bAutoBalance=True?MatchDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=2?ClassLimitTank=2?ClassLimitSupport=2?ClassLimitAssassin=2?ClassLimitGunner=2?ClassLimitSniper=2?MinNumToStart=4?ServerDescription="Penny Arcade: Pubstop " -ServerInstance=2 -log=DedicatedServer.log -STEAM_DEDSERVER -seekfreeloadingserver -nohomedir
  19. Bakey

Bakey New Member

Have any of the command line options changed with the latest (Feb 24) update?
  20. eccentric

eccentric New Member

The adminkick command does not appear to work. I tried to kick a player tonight, but it would not kick them unless I used the adminkick ban command. The syntax is: adminkick player. Right?