Standalone Dedicated Servers Information *Updated*

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Ekanaut, January 17, 2011.

1. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Admins, make sure to set ports to the following ranges:
    TCP 27000-27050
    UDP 27000-27050
    TCP 7777-7780
    UDP 7777-7780

Standalone Dedicated Server Files
    First version of Standalone Dedicated Server Files with HLDS integration.

Download http://storefront.steampowered.com/down ... tetool.exe

HldsUpdateTool.exe -command update -game mondaynightcombat -dir INSTALLDIR

MNCDS comes with a handful of batch files, including a template for customizing your own servers. Server operators need to remember that the ServerInstance must be incremented for each server that is launched. The maximum number of servers supported on a single machine is 15.

Sample Server Setup
    @start mncds.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?bAllowTeamSelect=True?bAutoBalance=True?MatchDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=6?ClassLimitTank=6?ClassLimitSupport=6?ClassLimitAssassin=6?ClassLimitGunner=6?ClassLimitSniper=6?MinNumToStart=6?ServerDescription="MNCDS - Standard" -ServerInstance=0 -log=DedicatedServer.log -STEAM_DEDSERVER -seekfreeloadingserver -nohomedir

Multiple Server Instances:
    Added ServerInstance cmdline option to support multiple dedicated servers on one machine. -ServerInstance[0-14] will automatically offset ports so that all instances show in the serverbrowser. There is no need to change the base port(7777)as it is auto offset by ServerInstance.

Setting a Password for your Server
    ?GamePassword=passwordwithnospaces

Blitz Command Line
    mnc.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?GameType=TeamBlitz?ServerDescription="My Blitz Server"?GamePassword=passwordwithnospaces?MapName=3?CoopChallenge=3

Valid range for MapName and CoopChallenge is [0,5]. These values must be the same for servers to correctly display in the server browser!
    0 = Exhibition
    1 = Season
    2 = Playoff
    3 = Scramble
    4 = Sudden Death
    5 = Super Sudden Death

Admin Features:

There is a file HostileAccess.ini. This should be generated in your My Docs\My Games\UE3\HostileGame\Config folder after the first time you run the game.
    In this file you can define an admin password for your servers:

[Engine.AccessControl]
    AdminPassword=YOURPASSWORD

Once this password is defined, anyone who knows it can login with admin privs and do some neat stuff:

~ opens the console

~ adminlogin <password> - grants admin privleges

Admins can:
    ~ adminkick <playername | playernumber> - Kicks players from the game. This is a warning, they can log right back in.
    ~ adminkickban <playername | playernumber> - Kicks player and bans them both by SteamID and by IP address.

Additionally, everyone can:
    ~ playerlist - Display everyone in the game. The short number can be used for kicking/banning players with a name that's difficult to type. The long number is a 64 bit representation of the steamID. This can be plugged into the HostileAccess.ini file for manual banning.
  2. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Re: Dedicated Servers Information

Thanks for the info and looking forward to the update .

Not sure how this is going to affect TCadmin but I think I can work around it with this update.

I take it using multihome will not be needed as it will be based on the same ip .
  3. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Correct, I'm running two dedicated servers on my box with the same IP.
  4. dustoff

dustoff New Member

cool , wonder if it works with different ips , if not if this works its cool ..

when is the update being pushed
  5. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Update should be up in the next 24 hours.
  6. longshot902

longshot902 New Member

Is this working? I tried a few weeks ago but it didn't work.
    Just create another batch file with modifications and it will work with the same IP?

UPDATE:
    Doesn't work, but I was going to say, have the same IP for different servers would be awesome.
    Last edited: January 17, 2011
  7. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

I'm running Update 5 already which has some new options for multiple servers.
  8. longshot902

longshot902 New Member

So, we can expect this to work in the near future? If so, it would save me money as I wouldn't have to purchase additional IPs from my ISP. lol
  9. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

It will be working for you when Update 5 drops in the next 24 hours.
  10. longshot902

longshot902 New Member

Awesome that sounds great. I guess I will purchase another modem instead of more ip's - much cheaper!
  11. faits

faits New Member

I'm successfully running two servers on one machine now. Works perfectly.
  12. SvartfaR

SvartfaR Member

Maybe it would be helpful to include valid values for some of the variables in the command line.

For example for a key-value like OTDuration=2. Wanted to change it to 10 Minutes. Entering a 10 results in no overtime. So what valid values?
  13. gioccher

gioccher New Member

the multihome parameter would still be handy
    also please have a better way to distribute server files (hldsupdatetool or .zip)
    Last edited: January 17, 2011
  14. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Very cool getting quite a few servers running on both boxes. Should have lots of room for players. working like a charm .
  15. dustoff

dustoff New Member

works perfect right now I have 10 servers up , once they start filling up I will start more .

today I will see what the server load looks like but I am running five per box and have room for 10 to 15 per box
  16. gioccher

gioccher New Member

on my intel xeon w3520 box (same as i7 920) one MNC server with 12 players uses an average of 5% CPU, with short peaks to 7% (of the whole machine).
  17. faits

faits New Member

I've got a puny little core 2 quad q6600 2.4ghz and running a server spikes at about 25% cpu if the room is full and there's a lot going on. Usually runs around 20% when a game is going and 4% in lobby. Definitely not ideal, but I've had a server running all beta due to the lack of available servers.
  18. longshot902

longshot902 New Member

Nice! I have that one as well. Awesome processor when it came out. lol
    I upgraded 6 months ago to the AMD Athlon II x6 on two of my servers as it was cheap and gave a kick online. (can't compete with these datacenters though lol)
  19. racquemis

racquemis New Member

the number represents the position of a value in the dropdown menu under the create GUI where 0 is the first (no overtime) and 7 represents 15 minutes.
    0> no overtime
    1> 1 minute
    2> 2 minutes
    3> 3 minutes
    4> 4 minutes
    5> 5 minutes
    6> 10 minutes
    7> 15 minutes
  20. SvartfaR

SvartfaR Member

Thanks racquemis.