Some brainstorming ideas for possible future PA

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by MrTBSC, June 9, 2018.

1. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

I wrote this in wrong thread, so I's like to post it here too:

Suggestion:
    - reclaiming an enemy Manhatten shall not make it exploding. Reclaiming = disarm!
    - Different team members shall be able to have different eco multipliers in lobby. Currently its probably only per team, because per player setting would not work in case of sharing.
    Last edited: July 2, 2018
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

added that one to OP
    also diagonal planetsymmetry ..
    emarkus likes this.
  3. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Meta-Suggestion about Suggestions refering to map design:
    Maybe its useful if Mods can be included into maps. For example a script that immideately builds automatically a teleporter for all players...

This could be really powerfull feature without much work for uber.
    river39 likes this.
  4. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

- after leaving the lobby, the user interface shall return to game list, not to main menu
    tg230 likes this.
  5. tg230

tg230 New Member

• If the Legion developers were amiable to it, it would nice if Legion could be included in PA2 as an official faction.
    • If not, a new Precursor faction along similar lines should be added to add more variety to the sequel.
    • An 8-10 mission single player campaign for MLA and the Precursor faction. (The arrival of the Precursor faction has caused the MLA factions to put aside their differences while they fight the new threat.)
    • New planet biomes, even if they're just recolors of existing ones.
    • Support for creating single player missions with scripted actions in the System Editor.
    Here's to hoping.
  6. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

the ares kinda shows the current limit of how many weapons a unit can have .. which is 4 so i doubt a fatboy like in supcom would be possible with the aditional AA which puts it up to six ... the ares itself with the exception of production capabilities is the fatboy/megalith equivalent ..
    droneproduction like the typhoon would be the next best thing one could do but from what i read from the legiondevs it takes away a weaponslot ..
    iirc either the realmguys way back or stuart tried to implement carriers that could manualy produce aircraft but it was rather clunky, you couln´d keep them within the carrier and it lacked any way of repairing aircraft .. soooo tough thing to get armed units with productioncapabilities like in supcom ..

definately possible but there still is the issue with the planet curvature that may limit the laser´s effective range .. so the laser would need to be at a higher position ..

something something copyrightissues that prevents them ...

if they could they might have put legion into ranked games multiplayer already but i think there is copyright stuff preventing them from doing it iirc .. because i doubt the legionmodguys would have realy anything against it aside from being credited ..

singleplayer campaigns to any game are what often cost the most money to create ..
    especialy when just simple missionscripting ain´t all you want to do but add textsequences, voiced naration, ingame sequences and cgi-videos ..

as for a possible PA 2 .... uffff considering how many of the original devs behind the game left the company, the fact that the kickstartemoney was only roughly less than a third of the total cost to make PA possible (classic mind you) .. then the current state of uber ... ... far as i see it it´s just very unlikely to happen any time soon ...

i rather have uber add on what they have with current PA and expand it to were they can and were it makes sense ..
    Last edited: September 22, 2018
  7. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

- I would like to let people joining a team game joining the teams alternating!

So in teamgame, the people join: team 1, team 2, team 1, team 2, ...
  8. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

- fabber spray shall move backwards in case of reclaiming! (just like in TA :)
    Engineer1234 and MrTBSC like this.
  9. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

Maybe even a different color/texture during reclaim.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  10. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Masquerading mod shall be applied by default. Its everyone's free choice to unhide one's identity. There should be a button for this.

ffa team ally option also should be always on.
  11. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

it should be possible for map designers or ingame to have fixed spawns instead of providing an area.
  12. lulamae

Wouldn't a tiny spawn area effectively be the same thing?
  13. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Only if PA then doesn't require users to click ready. Because thats the point. Not needing to wait for lazy selectors.
  14. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Add settings option to lobby, in order to change shortcuts, quality options,...
  15. acesoyster

acesoyster Active Member

The spawn time exists so you can work out your strategy. Removing that would be a travesty!
    MrTBSC, emarkus and flubbateios like this.
  16. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

But. You can work out your strategy within lobby. Given that map preview is enabled.
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Without team chat?
    emarkus likes this.
  18. lulamae

Also, spawn points and metal spots not visible in preview
    emarkus likes this.
  19. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

which is a problem :)
  20. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

My 2 satoshi's:

Game modes:
    - assasination (current) destroy enemy commander to win.
    - annihilation, destroy every enemy unit and structure to win.
    - supremacy, destroy every enemy factory fabber or other means of production to win.
    - domination, have x times more units and structures than the enemy to win.
    - king of the hill, capture the point of interest and hold it for x time to win.
    - scorewars, have x times more metal stored than the enemy to win.
    - departure, build a big expensive galactic gate structure through which the commander can leave to win.

Other:
    - auto reclaim for (combat) fabbers, or at least enable the feature for modding.
    - health regeneration for (some) units, or at least re-enable the feature for modding.
    - add ammo to radar, I modded this in and it's very useful.

Pie in the sky:
    - replace the placeholder audio with some nice booms and bangs that use a subwoofer in the way Uber's audio guy promised.
    - moddable audio.
    - replace the placeholder models with some nicer ones, like most of the tanks which are just a set of boxes.
    - replace the placeholder effects with some nicer ones, I'm looking at you, unit firing a generic square yellow sprite.
    - open source the whole thing.
    billthebluebot likes this.