|SOLVED| OSX graphic issues : HDR

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Manwolf, January 23, 2014.

1. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

So...it happens again, similar to last octobers problems:

on start of the match I get a black or pink planet, plus same background.
    I managed to sort it out by quitting and relogging into the match, but the game seems very picky with this, so it hardly ever works...
    what I see is:
    -tactical unit icons
    -mex spots
    -buildings I build plus units... only icons though...

Is this common since the new patch? please uber sort it out until next week when my exam period if over ;)
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I guess it's will be good idea to upgrade to latest OS X version to get latest drivers. At least it's will give you more chances that issues will be fixed sooner and not later.
  3. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

I was playing with that thought too, but one should assume that if they offer that game for 10.7.+, the support would include likewise... also your suggestion (although well intended) does not answer the question if that glitch is common or not...thnx anyway!
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Devs trying to support all combinations of hardware and systems, but if you can upgrade it's always good thing to do and obviously improve performance and stability of games.

For OS X older version of OS mean old graphics drivers and OpenGL support in old AMD drivers is really poor. AMD constantly improve drivers, but on OS X you can only get newer drivers with system upgrade.

It's not something common and for sure it's not affect 100% Mac players, but I sure it's was reported before.

PS: Task for that on bugtracker: PA#2424
    Last edited: January 23, 2014
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I think he said he does see Strategic Icons.

He is having that pink screen shaders thing, isn't he? That isn't 100% mac nor is it the game's fault. The game is being designed now, and games designed now tend to use drivers from the now, and OpenGl3.0 (if you are having the same bug) is a modern thing a game would use. It has a hotfix in that link above, if it is your problem.
  7. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll try and update the system next week and will keep fingers crossed that this will vanish...
    and yes:
    start of match - I can only make out the planet due to the mex-nodes => all black
    relog: psychodelic black/pink bubbles coming together to something of a...pink planet, but essentially same thing as with the black planet...relog: same, relog:same, relog:same... tactical icons allways visible! movement routes too...no buildings, no units...
    I wish I could tell you that I'm too stoned to see proper graphics...but I'm sadly not...

will let you know if anything changes after the system update...
    funny detail: I still manage too kick the CPU's butt; yes I see CPU's tacticals too...
  8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Disable HDR or try my shaders from this task: PA#2949
    Current HDR shaders broken for OS X version and they won't be fixed with system/driver update.
    Manwolf likes this.
  9. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

cool, thanks, I'll give that a go!
  10. nebulafox

nebulafox Member

This may or may not be useful, but try pressing F5. It makes rebuild/refresh the view. I use when my screen blacks out.
  11. Manwolf

Manwolf Member

THANKS DUDE! THIS SOLVED IT! HDR PROBLEM!
    that put the F back into Fun...!
    much appreciated!
    thetrophysystem likes this.