[solved] Launcher stays empty

Discussion in 'Support!' started by cnux, July 8, 2018.

1. cnux

cnux New Member

Hi,
    I am trying to start PA on a Debian stable platform with Nvidia hybrid (Nvidia + Intel) graphics. When running
    Code:
    optirun ./PA
    I received the error that GLIBCXX_3.4.21 was not found on the machine. Fixed that with
    Code:
    cd ./steam-runtime/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
    ln -fs /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6
    Now the launcher window starts but stays empty. On the terminal, I receive following messages:
    The same happens to me on another machine with Nvidia GPU. An upgrade to nvidia-driver 390 did not change the issue. Launching it with the internal Intel graphics also results in an empty launcher.
    Any help appreciated!
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I don't think you can pick and choose libraries like that. You can try renaming the entire steam-runtime to steam-runtime.bak to get all of the libraries from the OS itself (there's a checkbox under Advanced for that if you use the alternative launcher). You'll need to make a symlink from libudev.so.0 to your system's libudev.so.1 and I think you also may need to install the libsdl1.2 libraries if you haven't already.
    cnux likes this.
  3. cnux

cnux New Member

Renaming steam-runtime and creating a symlink for libudev.so.0 solved the issue, thanks!
    DeathByDenim likes this.