So, the new class images on the front page...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat Art and Fiction' started by corducken, September 5, 2011.

1. corducken

corducken Member

They are 2000 pixels in height, which is a nice, round number, I thought. They're also 1100 wide... ish. One pixel off, nice going there uber. The OCD in me is crying, but it's close enough. Then suddenly, idea. If they're all the same height, and I line them up, I can get a pretty damn good aspect ratio.

So, after a million hours in MSPaint, I pieced a few together

What I thought looked best with red drawing attention to the center and cool blues to the sides (imo easiest to see desktop icons if you leave them to the left by default):
    http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4713/smncpaper.png

Everyone looking outward:
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7868/smncpaper2.png

Lighting more even (veteran lit up in center, girls in shadow to the sides):
    http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7431/smncpaper3.png

I don't have photoshop to fix up the hard borders, correct the colors to balance it out better visually, or unify the whole image, nor would I be qualified to use it. If you guys wanna make it spiffy that's on your shoulders. I just thought that if I was going to use it as a wallpaper at some point, maybe someone else does, too, so here you go.

I don't think I'll be able to replace my two supports playing chess yet, though. I still think that's classy as hell and still looks great. If anything justified the existence of MNC, it's that wallpaper.
  2. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

Lol, I tried doing something like this on the first day in paint and failed miserably. Thanks.
  3. corducken

corducken Member

I suppose it could be spiffy and include the tank image which would balance out the colors if you alternate blue/orange/blue/orange or orange/blue/orange/blue and look a bit nicer but you would have to have the photoshop skills to move stuff around in the image and crop out like 120-ish pixels on each side of each image, and then I'd image a well-placed filter could make it look hella sweet but that would require someone with adequate bedrest and also probably photoshop and I don't want to think about all that effort it would take right now and you could probably gauge how inept i would be at that by my steadily decreasing comprehension of the english language and ability to capitalize and punctuate

actually that was probably the whole point of having the tank in that imageset now that i think about it, 2 hotshots 2 icemen - maybe some kind of foggy glass kind of filter would look good, but maybe that's because everything I'm looking at right now it kind of like foggy glass

i really need to find my cd-key for photoshop elements that's stuck to my civilization 4 cd somewhere
  4. TheWilder

TheWilder New Member

This pleases Wilder