Sniper Assistance?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by AlphabetTaco, January 31, 2012.

1. choiio

choiio New Member

I really dont know why you are proud of tryhard assassin in pubs taco...I know its actually really hard because people are often checking botlanes, and you eventally have that devastating blackjack punch. But I really wouldnt be proud of that, although when you can get over 15 kills against a decent player Ill even compliment you myself!
  2. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

Well I never said hey I'm better than you because I played assassin, and they were monitoring bot lanes. And the odds you would insult me any chance you get... I didn't see this coming >.> If you'd like to come up with valid points rather than highly biased opinions about myself, I'd gladly debate, but instead all I get (basically) is "hey, taco, you're bad, and the only thing worse than your skills on mnc, is my skills at trolling."
    I don't know why I bother reading your posts, as they are always the same on my topics, negatively directed toward me, because you're smart.
  3. choiio

choiio New Member

<3 he said I was smart!
  4. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Maybe on your topics, but from another thread;

So that is KIND OF a compliment, I guess. Unless he meant AFlyingTaco - you two seem to get mixed up a lot.
  5. joker

joker Active Member

Lets be real here. You have a long history of stupid hatemail to veteran players, then make threads offering to teach people how to play certain classes and the game in general. You should have seen most of this flak coming and to be completely honest i cant believe there isnt more of it in these threads because nobody deserves it more than you.

You cant have your track record and zero competitive credibility, then make threads like these with some half-assed "im just trying to help" agenda. Until you at least play in some privates and show us something, nobody will care what you have to say really. I'm aware this sounds like im being a ****, but this is the honest truth.
  6. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

You seem to be overlooking the fact that there are more than just PM players here. Remember what I said about you discrediting pub players? Yeah.
  7. onirankensei

onirankensei New Member

It's that type of attitude that rubs newcomers the wrong way and will likely compel them to stay away. Wouldn't it be better become inviting in an effort to draw new players and creating a bigger, more involved community?
  8. joker

joker Active Member

Taking part of what I say out of context to the rest of my post directed towards him makes no sense. I'm talking to the same alphabettaco who has sent the entire community hate mail out his *** attempting to preach to us on how to play, claim to want to do pms, and yet to do any despite being online. If people want to play vs better players that's their choice. If they wanna pub that's their choice. Am i going to kiss the a$$es of nobodies to please play with us? No. Weedman, joedaddy, darron, lil bloo panda, yielding ram, randomtoon, Goldie, and many others took the initiative to play vs better players without the sales pitch. Once you kiss a$$ to get players in you gotta kiss a$$ to keep them there. No thanks il just take the willing and worthwhile ones like I mentioned above, the others who think I'm a mean villain can spare me the trouble
  9. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

The first contact I ever had with AlphabetTaco:

He was in a PUB STOMPING PARTY OF 6 and 4 of them went sniper, so naturally I went assault. My team lost, I managed to scrape by with a decent k/d but nothing spectacular considering my team was all newbie.

After that, I get a msg from him: "Assault is noob, and the x button isn't the answer for everything. Lrn2play"

I went assassin next game, dropped their ball and tried on it. I then got a second message calling me a coward for playing assassin, and how assassin players suck at this game.

Interesting, considering the last page or 2, eh?

He did apologize since then, but to reinforce what Joker is saying - if you spend 99% of your time pissing off the people you are trying to communicate with, you're not going to get a positive reception from them.

1) You don't need to try hard assassin if nobody is trying hard back. It's not fun for you...I promise. It just ruins the lobby for everybody.

2) You can't get mad at people who play assault but don't punch/grenade bots for juice. And there is no point in sending rage messages to them, especially when you have a team of 6 and they didn't even do very well.

3) Matter of fact, just stop with the rage messages. It's a video game, and every time you send somebody an angry message, you're investing your own time and emotions into a simple game that is comprised of a small community and absolutely no truly marketable skills. There's just no reason to be upset enough to actually take the time to send somebody a message; it's pathetic.
  10. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Chron, nobody is asking you to be a kiss ***. I am asking you to not be so f*cking abrasive towards people who are trying to contribute to our dwindling community. You may have directed your comment at Taco, and justified or not, new people are going to see you as a total f*ckstick, and assume all PM players act this way and in turn are not going to want to play with us. The way some of you guys act is counter productive to your goals. You'd like to see more PM players but treat anyone who doesn't play PMs like idiots.
  11. WildmanX2k

WildmanX2k New Member

Read as "pm him rather than post here" ;)
  12. joker

joker Active Member

Ok for anyone cloudy on the matter at hand, my comments in this thread are directed toward ONE SPECIFIC person. I feel this ONE person has deserved the title of an idiot for his actions. I feel this ONE person is talking out of his ***. And I feel if this ONE SPECIFIC person wants to change his image and not have his threads derailed and trolled by the community (many more than me have done so) he should back up his word and play in pms with us and maybe his view on the game will change as well as the community's opinion of him. I welcome any pub players to try out pms with a buyer beware that it is faster paced and more competitive but in the end more satisfying and enjoyable.

If anyone cannot understand this perfectly reasonable point please work closely with your English teacher to better understand my posts because they should not be offending any third parties.
  13. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

For the record, I don't mind doing privates, I'm seldom invited to them, and the last couple I had been invited to, I legitimately was unable to participate in due to prior plans away from xbox land, and I apologize. If I'm informed of one while I'm just chillin, I'd be glad to go.
  14. onirankensei

onirankensei New Member

I could use some advice on which areas to snipe from in Grenade III arena. I tend to be flanked by Assaults and Gunners while I'm preoccupied sniping across arena.
  15. AlphabetTaco

AlphabetTaco New Member

At G3 you are almost always susceptible to ringouts from any class regardless of which class you play, so the only real "solution" is to keep your focus on your surroundings as well as where you are sniping. If there's an assault on the enemy team that you can't see, he is probably under or behind you. Bad joke, but sometimes is true. Just keep ice traps up on the typical jump pad landing zones and keep an eye on them. If they are on the same side as you, focus on them until they're dead or running. Or until you are flying away from the arena frustrated.
  16. choiio

choiio New Member

In this situations switch to assault yourself so you get flanked less and can keep yourself really mobile.
  17. onirankensei

onirankensei New Member

I don't like switching class in the middle of the game, although there are times when I am forced to make the switch though. The problem with switching classes is that the money that you put into upgrading your talents is lost, and if you're not good with the class you changed into, then you're only hurting your team even more. It's even worse when multiple people change to the same class and they're equally bad at that class.
  18. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Oh God he actually took you seriously.
  19. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

He was messing with you...kind of...I think he was trying to say that assaults are REALLY good at killing snipers and it is hard to counter on your own as a sniper.

OK, you know where the sniper perch is, yeah? Just in front of your spawn location? Don't stand there unless you are against really new players.

One plan that is more defensive against assaults, is to go around the upper ring to the left. From there, as people come up the jump pads they will be to your right. This affords you the advantage of being able to use the glass up there to cover half of your body and still be able to shoot and throw ice and flak, while your opposition has to expose more of their body to use bombs and fully round a corner to charge you. It is a small advantage, but it is still an advantage. Try to not be further ahead than your bots, so you can drop down to the floor and use the bots to block their bullets if you need to back off. Know how to dodge ejectors if you do that...

For assault specifically, ice trap three is better than any other option. Learn to throw them far ahead of you, and not just surrounding you like a lot of people do. Learn to love traps three!! Even though assaults can fly out of your traps, you need to remember that ice three has a skill drain effect, and a slow. That makes it so that they cannot charge you or throw bombs, limiting two of their best tools to kill you and making it a very slightly more fair fight. They are also easier to hit since they are slower. You can also run away better, dropping ice as you run.

You won't get any one on one kills doing that, but lasting long enough so that others can come and help might at least make them back off. Also, surviving helps you build juice - it is probably your best bet...
  20. choiio

choiio New Member

Lol no I was just messing with him.