[REL] That Other UI Mod, V: 0.62 B: 55089

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by mrcthulhu, October 1, 2013.

1. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

nope it doesnt exist.

Attached Files:

2. mrcthulhu

mrcthulhu Member

Huh, well I got nothing, this is up Cola_Colin's alley or a question to an Uber employee for where it could be located.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

According to this statement from Uber: "We don't actually use the environment variable but the windows system call SHGetKnownFolderPath with FOLDERID_LocalAppData." I've build (okay copy pasted together) a script that calls that Windows API and shows you what it returns for your system. After the script shows the message it blows up for some reason, ignore that xD
    Attachet the script compiled to an exe. Try to run it, what does it show?

So if that script returns you a path and there is nothing there... no idea why that would happen.

EDIT:
    You could also try to search for this string in the file search: indexeddb.leveldb

Attached Files:

4. kryovow

C:\Users\Kryo\AppData\Local according to your script.
    which is where my screenshot was taken. Idk, can you tell me some kind of example file, that should be in the Uber Entertainment folder in the appdata? maybe i can find it with the windows search ^^
  5. cola_colin

Well search for "Uber Entertainment"
  6. kryovow

did that, no luck. Maybe the folder doesnt get created anymore and was only necessary for older versions of the game? xD
  7. cola_colin

I seriously doubt that. Coherent somewhere _has_ to create files like these or it wont store your options:
    "C:\Users\ColaColin\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\localstore\Local Storage\coui_ui_0.localstorage"
    "C:\Users\ColaColin\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\localstore\Local Storage\file__0.localstorage"
  8. kryovow

computer search of win 7 did locate those files:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Planetary Annihilation\PA\media\user\localstore\Local Storage
  9. cola_colin

I dont have media/user in my PA directory at all. Maybe you can try to use that user directory for the mods? It's weird though. Maybe PA decided it can't access your appdata for some reason and used the game directory? No idea.
  10. kryovow

or its the way it is now. maybe if you would reinstall it would be the same^^

I will try later and create the appdata folder for the mod on my own
  11. cola_colin

12. mrcthulhu

mrcthulhu Member

Well the post linked earlier stated off that the program files folder will be 'owned' by the game, meaning nothing can be tampered or messed with, is what I read of it, so I would go with creating the appdata folders yourself
  13. mrcthulhu

mrcthulhu Member

Also on a mod-related note, most strategic icons are in, now it's some tweaking of the sizes then it'll be in v 0.6, after that it'll be keeping up with new units from Uber, and feedback from people, then tweaking of the bars themselves, and possibly units from the community as they come.

Screenshots of the strategic icons:

screen12.png screen13.png
    From the couple of games I've played with them, their usability is heavily dependent on the team colour, with White (As shown) being the worst - the problem is mostly related to the size of the icons and some sub-types being too thin, such as the scout.

Other than that I'm finding them ok, but then I made them so can't really give a useful review.
    Last edited: October 6, 2013
  14. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Actually, I had the same thing happen to me under Linux. (See Bug #2393)
    I had deleted my ~/.local/Uber Entertainment directory to start afresh with my settings, and upon starting PA (and closing), the settings were not saved in my .local folder. Instead they appeared to be saved inside the PA installation directory. Inside the folder media/user as kryovow mentioned. This seems to be new since they introduced the shadowing thing for mods in beta.
  15. mrcthulhu

mrcthulhu Member

So where should the mod be installed if this occurs? Recreate the same folder layout in \user for the \mods folder?
  16. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Your guess is a good as mine. It seems like a bug to me, because the intention was to get everything out of the installation folder, rather than put more in it. You might want to post in the Mod changes thread about it and hope for a developer reply.
  17. mrcthulhu

mrcthulhu Member

Good idea, I'll post that now
  18. mrcthulhu

mrcthulhu Member

What each Building bar icon and Strategic icon look like, as well as together for which one is which

(Yellow == Team colours, Red == White)​

commanderInfo.png

fabricatorInfo.png

economyInfo.png
    factoriesInfo.png
    defensesInfo.png

vehiclesInfo.png
    botsInfo.png
    airInfo.png
    navalInfo.png
    orbitalInfo.png
    Last edited: October 12, 2013
    dunpealhunter likes this.
  19. pantsburgh

pantsburgh Active Member

Sorry, haven't checked back in a while. I'm still not really happy with the construction icons. All the other icons use this great full saturation palette, and the brown breaks that.

Try this: replace the brown with #777777. I think it looks pretty decent with the existing black/yellow stripes on the fab guns. You also already used gray on the commander icons, so it fits with what you already have. The red in the commander helps differentiate them too, though things might need some tweaking.

The other idea I had was to scrap the stripes, give intel units a different color, and make the fab units green to play off the green nano stuff. I played with things a bit and didn't really come up with anything I liked, but it's an idea if you don't like the above.
  20. mrcthulhu

mrcthulhu Member

Fair idea, I'll look into it - I was a tad unhappy with the commander icons anyway.

Also on another note:

If you are having a black screen upon starting the game after installation of v0.62, go to the mod's .json file, and edit the text after "enabled", change true to false

To alter it you can open it with: notepad/notepad++/eclipse

The latest update has broken it somehow, at least on my computer, I'm trying to find what it is, part of me thinks it's the mod system being setup further, I'm looking into making this mod work via the UI Mod Manager.