[REL] TauntMod v1.1.0 [62037] - Adds AoE II Taunts

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by SideSplitter, January 26, 2014.

1. SideSplitter

SideSplitter New Member

This mods adds the taunts from Age Of Empires II to Planetary Annihilation. All the original taunts from AoE II are added in this mod, to play one just type the numbers 1/42 in the chat. It's now possible to annoy people when they do not start the game :D! I did make a limitation which makes sure only five taunts are played at the same time to prevent your ears from exploding.

Only players who have installed the mod will hear the taunts, and only when the taunt is also known on the other client. The taunts do work in the lobby and in-game.

The mod will be downloadable from the PA Mod Manager. Well, I made a commit, so it should be added soon.
    Last edited: March 1, 2014
  2. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Cool, maybe you could replace the number with a text version of the taut for those who don't have the mod to enjoy?
    SideSplitter likes this.
  3. woutske

woutske New Member

I love it already, those taunts made waiting in the lobby way more fun :p
  4. SideSplitter

SideSplitter New Member

Okay, after reading that I added this feature. It replaces the taunt with TauntMod(Name) just before you send your message. So if you send "1" you'll see TauntMod(Yes). I'm currently testing it, and after that I'm pushing this version instead of the older one
    LavaSnake likes this.
  5. woutske

woutske New Member

YEAH it's in the Mod Launcher now :)
    SideSplitter likes this.
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

WOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOO
    SideSplitter likes this.
  7. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

This mod has been a lot of fun to play with - I have just one point to raise.

When I type chat with my team particularly at the spawn selection I have to type #1, #2 etc as any lone numbers without the hash tag will bring up the taunt mod text, this can be very confusing for people without the mod. Is there a way to perhaps make the taunt mod work for lone numbers at the start of the chat so that numbers within the chat lines aren't affected.
    e.g.
    type:1 (taunt plays)
    type:I will spawn at 1 (taunt doesn't play)

Alternatively I can just get used to typing #numbers :p
  8. trialq

trialq Post Master General

How about to play a taunt you write "#1", literally hash then the number? Writing numbers should take preference to playing taunts.
    mishtakashi likes this.
  9. SideSplitter

SideSplitter New Member

The next version(which is waiting for a merge) will only change the number into TauntMod(...) when the number is the whole message. So "1" becomes "TauntMod(Yes)" but, "I'll go 1" won't be changed. Is that good enough or do I still need to add the #1?
    mishtakashi and trialq like this.
  10. trialq

trialq Post Master General

No that's great, your way solves the problem. The amount of times I've accidentally put TauntMod(...) in a conversation just this week is excessive :p
  11. SideSplitter

SideSplitter New Member

It does still play a sound when "1" is said in the chat, do I need to remove that? It won't change it because it's from another player but it does however play the taunt.
  12. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

That isn't a problem imo. Typed communication isn't interfered with so there aren't any issues in communication.
  13. SideSplitter

SideSplitter New Member

So I just updated tauntMod with a better way to add taunts. First of all you should now create a TauntPack
    Code:
    new TauntPack("Name");
    After that you can add Taunts like this:
    Code:
    tauntPacks["Name"].setTaunts([
        new Taunt(Regex, Name, Path, Replace),
        new Taunt(Regex, Name, Path, Replace)
    ]);
    • Regex is the Regex the message must match to be a taunt
    • Name is the name of the Taunt.
    • Path is the path where the soundFile is found
    • Replace can either be true or false, when the player types something in the chat which is a taunt and replace is true, it will be replaced by tauntMod(Taunt).

Just some example code which is used for the AoE II taunts:
    Code:
    new TauntPack("AoE II");

tauntPacks["AoE II"].setTaunts([

new Taunt(/^1$/, "Yes", "coui://ui/mods/tauntMod/AoE II/01 Yes.wav", true),
        new Taunt(/^2$/,  "No", "coui://ui/mods/tauntMod/AoE II/02 No.wav", true),
        new Taunt(/^3$/,  "Food, please", "coui://ui/mods/tauntMod/AoE II/03 Food, please.wav", true),
        new Taunt(/^4$/,  "Wood, please", "coui://ui/mods/tauntMod/AoE II/04 Wood, Please.wav", true),
        new Taunt(/^5$/,  "Gold, please", "coui://ui/mods/tauntMod/AoE II/05 Gold, Please.wav", true),
        new Taunt(/^6$/,  "Stone, please", "coui://ui/mods/tauntMod/AoE II/06 Stone, Please.wav", true),
        new Taunt(/^7$/,  "Ahh", "coui://ui/mods/tauntMod/AoE II/07 Ahh.wav", true)
    ]);
    //Etc

This is still the first version and some things may change in the future(Like a GUI to enable and disable tauntPacks)

It's on GitHub btw
    Last edited: March 3, 2014
    trialq and LavaSnake like this.
  14. lorodion

lorodion Member

It seems like this mod no longer works. I can see it changes the text in the lobby chat, but no sounds are played.
    This mod felt like a must have for PA :p
    tunsel11 and stuart98 like this.
  15. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Is there a way? Undoubtedly.

Is anyone going to get around to doing it? Maybe someday.
  16. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Id like to see some SupCOm taunts in the game :D

"So I guess failure runs in your family?"

LOL.
    tunsel11 and Alpha2546 like this.