[REL] [Server Mod] Comm Yard

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by trialq, June 9, 2014.

1. trialq

trialq Post Master General

If you've ever wanted factory first to be viable, it doesn't get much more 'first' than this. This mod turns the commander into a static factory:

• Can build all basic unit types (for land units you have to be on land, for water units on water)
    • Standard commander health, eco storage, eco generation and eco draw
    • If you try and build something you shouldn't (like naval on land), the queue is blocked until you stop the factory to clear the queue
    • Initial placement is important, as you cannot move

There are a few issues right now, like using the basic bot factory model, and not being able to do waypoints from the factory, and roll-off time being too short for naval. If anyone has old game files like the old advanced bot factory, I might try and use it instead.

CommYard on land:

CommYard special tactics

To install, extract the attached zip to your server_mods directory. If you don't have a server_mods directory, create one next to your mods directory. As it's a server mod, you'll need to use the PTE build: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/guide-on-how-to-play-on-pte.60594/

Attached Files:

wondible and Fr33Lancer like this.
  2. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Could you please publish your mod on github ? I'm trying some new stuff for mod management.
  3. trialq

4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Looks like Nota will be arriving in PA in some form sooner than was previously thought...
    squishypon3 likes this.
  5. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Thanks

FYI, I made a pull request on pamods.github.io for a servermods.json with your mod in it (your mod too stuard98)
  6. trialq

7. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

yes, github magic :) it's the sha1 of the commit
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Might want to increase that by 10^5.
    trialq likes this.
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I was thinking the same thing, haha.
  10. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

Any way to make this work in Galactic war, and is this a cheat mod? Since I can't get it to work in galactic war I see no point in testing it hehe.

I could see this being a technology option in Galactic war. Something like "stationary configuration" buff to build speed and technology access and health in exchange for zero mobility. That's pretty much what I was hoping for.
  11. trialq

This can't be put in galactic war (verbatim it would replace every comm, the ai would do nothing), and is not a cheat mod. That said, a card or loadout could be created which does what you say in the second paragraph; buff build speed, buff technology access and health, nerf movement speed to zero. Such a mod would be more like base wars, which you can find here, is again not for galactic war, and is available on PAMM: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-base-wars-no-expansion-beyond-spawn-area.65126/

I have no time now or tomorrow, but it sounds like a good loadout to add to the galactic war loadouts mod, which you can find here:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-galactic-war-loadouts.60187/

If there's an update to that loadout mod beyond v1.3, it's because I added the loadout you wanted. I hope that mod still works, I haven't tested it for 3 months.
    bsergent likes this.
  12. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

Thanks man! I appreciate the quick reply, the consideration, the alternatives and the future load out option :)

I'll subscribe to that forum.

If you do make it a card be careful since subcommanders share your technologies, and being unable to move might also refuse to build.

Basewars isn't my thing, I don't want the arbitrary build area limit, I just like to mix and match abilities.

I tend to treat the whole planet as my base :p

Thanks again :)