[REL] Planet PiP buttons

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by maxpowerz, March 17, 2014.

1. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I will take a look the next time I start up PA. Could be a few days.
    thetrophysystem and Planktum like this.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This man was a Vanguard, and honestly this is why I liked him. Say what you want, this man can model, deduce good gameplay additions like a real game tester and not like the panzie asses we had in gamma lol, and is generally a much better person than post count or gameplay hours leads you to believe...

...and how dafuq did I miss this mod? I ALWAYS have trouble with this. Tbh, the game used to put PIP on the planet you are currently focused on, so I would toggle-plannet-open-pip-toggle-back, which is 3 clicks but the fastest I could do it. I USED to try to click the planet icon from a quick mouse move from PIP, and it USED to work SOMETIMES.

As of now, no matter what, PIP opens in system view, and cannot be toggled by planet without that silly hotkey, the period and comma button I believe, so I have been more screwed now than ever and really need this mod.

@maxpowerz I know you generally have a lot going on, but get on and play sometime. The game is sorta kinda atrocious atm, but it isn't half bad except minorly major gamebreaking imbalance. So what I should ask, is that you should get on and dip your feet into some server mods. Start off with some vanilla ones like Uberbalance or Orbital Overhaul or NavalRedux, maybe move on to some RCBM and then Statera. Look around for others I missed ofc, ModX and such. All are worth a good game or two, even against the AI.

@jables You are cool for always reading these so PLEASE add the darn buttons next to planets in the top right hand corner to bring them up in PIP. Or possibly yet another button in the PIP itself. Thanks for replying to these so often, I try not to bug and only do this because I know you do actually notice :D
    Planktum likes this.
  3. jables

jables Uber Employee

Currently working on getting this build stable and to live. Will look into this one afterwards. :)

(no guarantee it will happen, but will look into it :p )
    stuart98, maxpowerz, Planktum and 3 others like this.
  4. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

YAY
    HoloDeck.FocusedPlanet()
    This should help with Highlighting the PiP icon in the dropdown menu for the currently in focus planet in the PiP window...

@jables
    I'm also amazed this hasn't made it into a PTE or Stable build yet myself..
    It reduces the effort required to get around the system using the PiP window as a scouting window..
    Being able to keep your main base in focus in the main window while you use this mod to jump the PiP window from planet to planet for scouting is a good feature.
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

This stopped working because the Planet List has it's own html file now..
    Can you change the modinfo file to append the cPlanetPips.js and .css stuff to the "live_game_planets" files instead of the "live_game" files.

Edit..
    In theory that's all that should be needed to get this working again..