[REL] [CMM] Hotbuild2 v1.51 [113578]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by proeleert, December 8, 2013.

1. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Another issue I noticed is that there seem to be problems using the menu on esc with this? The middle 2 buttons were hard to click.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  3. proeleert

Hmm probably the div with the build preview that is overlapping the ESC menu. I'll set a different default position tomorrow. In the mean time when you have a preview just click and move it. It remembers last position.
  4. cola_colin

I have to admit I actually use my own version for now. It still works for me and yours would need me to configure it first. I say include a good default template in the next version :p
    Quitch and stormingkiwi like this.
  5. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Wow dude? Really? That's a terrible recommendation. If there are clashes it's up to the user to sort them out. (It's only terrible because you lose solar systems. And does it remove ALL of the default keybinds, or just the ones you changed)

Ok here are the major issues for me with the current version of Hotbuild2:

• You don't need the unit controls as part of Hotbuild, such that it causes clashes.
      • In fact, an advantage that hotbuild1 has over hotbuild2 is that the unit controls had less precedence than the hotbuild keys. If you hit "s" in the "all buildings" or "economy" tabs, it built mexes. If you hit "s" in factories, defences or recon, it stopped the fabber.
      • Likewise, you could use r for reclaim in every tab other than 'all' and 'recon', if r was recon structures.
      • Instead of having 10 hotbuild keys, plus idle fabbers, patrol, attack, assist, repair,reclaim, stop, unload, track selection with camera, and commander, you could use 10 hotbuild keys, where assist, repair, reclaim, stop, track selection with camera, idle fabbers and commander are all doubles of that key. That means you only have to use 13 keys (10 hotbuild, patrol, unload and next build tab) instead of 20, and you never have to move your left hand from index finger on f.
    • Because there is no default hotbuild sequence, the transition has become even more difficult. I now have no motivation to upgrade to Hotbuild2, because doing the edits to hotbuild 1 is actually going to be faster for me.
    • Middle 2 buttons in menu being hard to click.
    Also noticed this.
  6. cola_colin

That's funny. I never switch the tab with the buildings at all so I never noticed that possibility. But yeah since hotbuild 1 works the way that it filters the commands based on what the build list shows that works with it.
  7. proeleert

You don't have to. It's just so I know it's not something on my end that's wrong :) Actually there shouldn't be any problems at all.

Wow yeah never thought off that. Will check it out.
    I'm going to add a "Community Defaults" button on the hotbuild tab that clears all settings and sets the hotbuild1 defaults.
    Easy fix
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  8. proeleert

Updated post to 1.8
    Added Community Default button : this sets the keybinds and keyactions to the default hotbuild1 settings / also makes sure there are no conflicts with the default uber keybinds. And resets the hotbuild preview position.

For the unit controls precedence thingie stormingkiwi. I'll take a look but it's not that easy with how MouseTrap handles conflicting keybinds.

I guess I can go back to not using MouseTrap at all or some weird combination of keydown and MouseTrap.
    Last edited: December 15, 2013
  9. proeleert

Ok I can use s to build mex and use s to stop factory already.
    Almost there :)
    Edit : it works :)

Only question stormingkiwi , you manually switch between the buildtabs right ?
    Last edited: December 15, 2013
  10. proeleert

stormingkiwi can you check this version attached.
    If everything works like you want to ?

Don't forget to click on the "Set Community Defaults" button first. Which will set the hotbuild1 keys and settings.

Also if you set up everything like you wanted can you give me your localsettings file ?
    C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\localstore
    Zip folder Local Storage and upload it here :)

So then I can determine what your defaults are and set it as "Community Default".
    And if there are still bugs it's easier for me to find out why. Cause It's hard to figure out your settings.

Attached Files:

11. stormingkiwi

Ok it's working relatively nicely.

Two things - Hotbuild 1 is much more responsive. (That's possibly only because of the extra stuff going on in the Hotbuild2 UI, so I doubt there is much more you can do)

Hotbuild 1, s builds mexes, and stops them as well. . Hotbuild 2, s stops building. Shift+s builds mexes.'

I do manually switch between build tabs. I use the "b" key

Sorry. Not a lot of gaming is possible over the next week.
  12. proeleert

No 1.9 is messy for the moment, just checking if it does what you want to do it.
    I'll improve it before I upload to pamm.
  13. stormingkiwi

Lol I was an amateur. I tested version 1.8

I noticed the exact opposite in version 1.9 - Shift+s stops, but s allows you to build mexes.

Unbinding s from the hotbuild stop command allows it to work perfectly.

Basically the issue is that the Hotbuild Stop command overrides everything. So if s is assigned to Uber stop command that's fine, it can also be assigned to hotbuild mexes. It stops when you can't hotbuild mex. But if you assign s to Hotbuild Stop then it can't be assigned usefully to anything else in hotbuild.. Does that make sense?
    Last edited: December 17, 2013
  14. proeleert

Oh ok, 1.9 should be more forgiving in overlapping keys :)
  15. stormingkiwi

Made an edit to that post
  16. proeleert

Yes that makes perfect sense.

The bindings under hotbuild title are case insensitive. So s and shift+s should work.
    The default Uber bindings are case sensitive. So s and shift+s are different.
  17. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Perhaps its just me but I found the commander select didn't work.
  18. proeleert

Just make sure you don't have a conflicting keybind if you use 1.8.
  19. stormingkiwi

Yah exactly.

I guess the point is that queueing a stop command is pointless. Because the game doesn't work that way. It doesn't really benefit from being in hotbuild. I don't think it should be set by default, but should be an option

@zaphodx

Possibly your problem is that select commander and build a missile tower are the same key.

If you hit c with nothing selected, it selects your commander.

If you hit c with your commander selected, instead of switching to him it builds a missile turret.

If you hit c with fabbers selected it builds a missile turret, then a wall, then selects your commander.
  20. proeleert

Yeah the problem is everyone wants different setups.
    I'm just trying to make them all possible.
    I think zaphodx wants to use case insensitive defaults.
    But for you case sensitive ones are better.

It's very hard to make a good default.

I'm thinking off making a couple defaults so that you can choose one that is close to your preference.