[REL] PA Stats Matchmaking [66830]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, January 26, 2014.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Serving a static array of systems isn't hard to do any way.
    The bigger issue is: What systems?
  2. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

This makes the game so much better! I much prefer the focus and intensity of a 1v1, I find with big games I just flounder and eventually get bored because there are so many potential things to do that none of them are particularly urgent.

But a proper 1v1 matchmaker with people who by definition are going to play their best? All the win for you Colin, thank you! :)
  3. elitedanzel

elitedanzel Active Member

There is a system in the rotation where the starting planet is like a size 4 earth, and there are 2 other planets, a 25 launchable and another big one (none of which orbit each other). I think this was a little bit too big for a 1v1.
  4. cola_colin

Painted Desert?
  5. trialq

trialq Post Master General

By the same token, I'd recommend setting the planets to be as close as possible for all multi-planet systems.
  6. cola_colin

Has somebody maybe already set up cool systems for the tournament next week?
    I could use those once they are known.
  7. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I gave @reptarking a mod that let's him save to the PACE League server on System Sharing. If he gives that to the other tournament officials, they can all start adding tournament systems. If you just want to mirror their list, you could get this file.

pa-esports.appspot.com/search?start=0&request_time=1&name=&creator=&minPlanets=1&maxPlanets=16&sort_field=system_id&sort_direction=DESC&limit=100
    totalannihilation and reptarking like this.
  8. darac

darac Active Member

I think we should give me the benefit of the doubt here. Can I get points added for beating Danzel and Gandalf in the same game?
  9. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I feel the general size of planets are far too small. Is there a thread where new planets can be added?
  10. darac

darac Active Member

2-3 is good for me. That Winter Dual map is a tad on the small side though.
  11. elitedanzel

elitedanzel Active Member

12. neptunio

neptunio Active Member

Perfect example of why I want 1 planet systems only on the ladder.

http://nanodesu.info/pastats/chart?gameId=31674

This Jo Darklighter tries a dumb t2 air rush, gets destroyed, flees to the furthest away planet, sits there until i send my stuff. Flies back, somehow ends up in the middle of the sun, untargettable and invisible. Goes afk and refuses to leave. Nice waste of over an hour of my evening.

I knew idiots would pull this crap when they had lost the game, it's why I stopped playing. I hope morons like this don't take over what has been an extremely positive community to this point. There is also no way players like this should be on the ladder in the first place, never mind taking part in tournaments.
    Quitch, shootall and Clopse like this.
  13. cola_colin

I removed some of the extra planets. Only 2 out of 8 maps now have extra planets.
    Also fixed a bug that most people probably never noticed.
  14. giggle

giggle New Member

Hi,

Not sure what everyone else thinks the largest size that is appropriate for a 1v1 is, i just played on radius 900 Painted Desert and found it to be too big.

I mean i may just not like it because a large map requires adjustments to tactics.
  15. cola_colin

Painted desert is 1050
    You played Open Palms, which is only 900.
    Imho 900 is totally fine.
  16. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Bit too late, but hey, there we go.

I published 10 systems in the Default shared folder in system sharing mod. They are named PAS001 to PAS010 with a short description of the main planet in their name.

There is 2 systems of each type - earth, desert, ice, tropical and lava. All are single planet systems suitable for 1v1, radiuses range from about 620 to 750.

Many systems use lava/water as natural obstructions, creating a nice narrow passages on the planet. Check them out and feel free to add them to the matchmaking.

What about we setup some evaluation system for players to rate the system and we keep only the best to future and always add a new one from time to time? This would create a nice set of systems all rated by players themselves.
  17. cola_colin

I'll check them out.

That would be cool.

EDIT:
    Not a single moon? meh

EDIT 2:
    I am not very sure. Lots of them have lots of water. Isn't navy still broken and horrible to use?
    Last edited: February 16, 2014
  18. darac

darac Active Member

It would be cool if:

If we could tell which player kills a commander we could then have an eliminations/eliminated leaderboard for FFA matches. You could even use the stats from 1v1 and team games too I guess.

Team games would give you (1 point/enemy commander count) per commander killed. In Team army games that point would go to all players.

If players delete their commander then the points are still awarded. In FFA the point would go to whoever did the most damage to that commander.

I know you probably don't have the stats coming from PA to actually do this but if people like it maybe Uber can help out eventually.

I'm sure there's more you could do with this as well.
  19. cola_colin

Yeah would be cool. But I indeed have no access to how the commanders die.
  20. cola_colin

keeps working in 61250

the 8 systems of the mappool are now on shared, you can find them under PA Stats in the systems sharing mod
    Last edited: February 19, 2014