[REL] PA Stats Live Charts

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by cptconundrum, March 14, 2014.

1. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

The PA tournament scene is really heating up, and casters need as many tools as they can get to put on a good show. This little mod combines @Cola_Colin's PA Stats charts with @someonewhoisnobody's In-Game browser to give all you spectators a nice easy way to show off players' stats right in the game.

As a spectator, you get a button in the top left corner to toggle the stats display. You can also press ctrl+space to toggle it.

Version 1.1.0
    Now the button is inside the fancy new spectator panel!
    spectatePanel.jpg

Version 1.1.1
    Fixed a bug that prevented the keyboard shortcut from closing it in some cases.

Attached Files:

Last edited: March 15, 2014
  2. stawos

stawos Member

Nice! I was thinking about this once the in-game browser mod came out! cheers! :)
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Kinda surprised this works as easy as it seems that it does. I basically didnt care at all for the ingame chart for quite a while, seems it still works ;D
  4. cptconundrum

Updated to v1.1.0
    I moved the button into the spectator panel. It ended up getting hidden behind it in the latest game patch and the button probably belongs in the spectator panel anyway.
    totalannihilation likes this.
  5. cptconundrum

I forgot all about those charts for a while. I think the combination of them and the new in-game browser looks really good.
  6. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Can I use this to spy on other players' stats while playing? :D
  7. cptconundrum

The mod only gives you that button if you are in spectator mode. I guess there's nothing stopping you from changing that, but there are easier ways to cheat with pa stats.
  8. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

and the other player can always just turn off the live reporting option.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  9. cptconundrum

Updated to v1.1.1
    Fixed a bug that prevented the keyboard shortcut from closing the browser in some cases.

There is still a bug that won't be fixed in time for the tournament; The first time you open the charts, you need to click "go" to connect to the game.
  10. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

It'd be nice to make the chart icon smaller. It looks from sorian's stream like they're going to add some button in a column on the left, so you could probably integrate into that.
  11. cptconundrum

It definitely does need to be smaller. I will probably wait until hey hive us the next version of the spectator panel before I try to figure out what to do with it, but I like your idea.