[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

It would be helpful to remove chat and camera keystrokes from the APM measurement to make it more accurate. But it would be annoying to implement.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I don't think there is enough chatting going on to really influence the values too much.
    Camera movement is a pretty valid action in my eyes. Why not measure it?
  3. LavaSnake

True...

Do you measure long key presses as one or do you have a repeat timer of some sort?
    reptarking likes this.
  4. cola_colin

one, I think...
  5. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Nah you measure key presses. I'm fairly sure that the OS handles a held down key as multiple inputs. If you hold down hot keys for units in factories for example, the number being built keeps going up and up and up.
  6. LavaSnake

Oh, that would throw it off.
    proeleert and reptarking like this.
  7. cola_colin

8. LavaSnake

hm, so chat does throw it off but that is little enough that you just ignore it's impact. BTW, great mod! This is one of my all time favorites. :)
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  9. stormingkiwi

I was crazy when I said that.

I meant that the game seems to treat held keys as multiple key downs. Because your hotkeys only occur on key down, but if you select a bot factory and hold down the hotkey to build bots for a while, the number just keeps going up and up and up
  10. cola_colin

I mixed it up actually, I use mouse and key UP, as can be seen in the linked code.
    That only occurs once. I use it for this exact reason. That's why the build unit key can be hold down: it uses keydown.
  11. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The APM average for Matey Byrd in game 6686 is different on the pastats site from the average displayed at the end of the game.
    reptarking likes this.
  12. cola_colin

Quite possible, as they use different code to calculate it. The value on the page should be a bit more accurate.
    The difference should not be very big though. Unless something weird happened.

EDIT
    Yeah considering he only had 1 minute something ingame that might be the reason.
  13. cola_colin

Added the option to prevent live updates to your own game data. That way you can prevent anyone from seeing it until the game has ended. Note that if you leave the game in an unusual way (crash, alt f4, ...) you might need to wait a few minutes before the game will be visible.

If anyone notes any issues with this please tell me.
  14. stormingkiwi

So if you hold down the command to queue up 100 bots bot by bot (i.e. queue up 1 + 1 + 1.. until 100), that only counts as one key down? Weird.
  15. cola_colin

Not down, but UP. You press the key down and hold it then you release it, moving the key UP again. No matter how long you hold it down you can only press it UP once.
  16. stormingkiwi

So what? Keydown really counts keyup?

I am so confused.

Anyway - can we alter the mod so that it calculates metal wastage and energy wastage as a percentage of the total produced?

Because 10,000 metal wasted isn't that much if it is 2% of your total metal income.
    reptarking and LavaSnake like this.
  17. cola_colin

the apm counter ignores it when you press a key down. However try to push a key without having it move up again at some point ;) That up movement is counted.

The Metal used and Energy used values show you exactly what you want?
  18. stormingkiwi

Hmm... I'm thinking as a percentage. So rather than metal wastage/energy wastage being a flat value, they are a percentage of your income.

Because at the end of the game, the 1000 metal you wasted in the first minute looks insignificant. Whereas in reality it was 100% of the metal you produced.

Maybe I have become crazy.
  19. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I have several keys set up on my keyboard that have multiple functions. Like my usual start build order for air labs and camera toggling etc. is this one movement or because that key is set up to make 12 movements it is 12?
  20. cola_colin

I have absolutely no idea how your mysterious special keys work. If they emulate keypresses and send them to PA
    they will count as multiple keypresses. If they are scripts that automate stuff in PA they count as 1.

@stormingkiwi:
    look at the webpage, you have % there

The ingame view is .... a hack I havent touched in a while.