[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I think the auto pause feature is interfering with the official auto pause feature.

When someone leaves, the UI pop up is the old "resume" button, which is clickable but not functional.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

noted, will try to fix soon, probably by removing autopause at least for ranked games and adding an option for other games.
    But it's currently not really doing anything bad, right? Just some unclickable button.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  3. killerkiwijuice

Yep just unclickable, I can't see the countdown for auto-win, but that's alright.
  4. killerkiwijuice

The PA Stats IRC button interferes with the new UI bar at the bottom. Makes it annoying to play a game and impossible to select different CSG biome types.
    proeleert and cola_colin like this.
  5. cola_colin

6. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

This mod is amazing. But, my friend is having trouble running replays from the website. Can you have lobby ids saved, too, and accessible from the website, so that I can send him that rather than hunting it down myself?
  7. cola_colin

They are there just a tiny bit hidden. The replays are URLs like this:

http //pastats.com/replay/10398729503655267676

Now try to guess what the bold part is ;)
  8. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Hello, I played a game with a friend yesterday that i really want to review but the link on PA stats doesn't work and it's not in PA replays (for some reason).
    http:/ /pastats.com/replay/17082021101555945531
    I hope i'm not just missing something stupid, sorry and thanks!
  9. cola_colin

It seems the replay for the replayid is corrupted or does not exist for some reason. PA Stats is working fine, but PA simply refuses to start that replayid. Maybe some dev from Uber can look at it, since PA Stats has a winner recorded I guess the game completed normally? In that case the game should have a replay.
    Or did you use some server mods? Some of them break replays. Though Uber should fix that as well midterm, so they should look at that, too.
  10. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

The game did finish normally and no mods, it was just a vanilla 1v1 ahaha. Thanks anyways ^.^ I'll go yell at someone else about it XD
  11. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

I am confused, so after reading around, it says PA stats offer its own matchmaking system, but I simple cannot find the button.
  12. cola_colin

Oh well I guess I was lazy and did not remove that explanation.
    Since Uber now offers official matchmaking there was no point in offering a competing mod to an official feature and removed the feature from PA Stats. If you want to play ranked games please do so in the official ladder by Uber, which you can find by clicking multiplayer in the main menu.
  13. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

In the current system made by Uber, is it possible to veto a map you dislike?
  14. cola_colin

No, sadly not
  15. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Any chance that you can update the dead link from the player pages to the new ladder pages when you get a chance?

The new site for the ladder is paladder.com (instead of ladder.pastats.tk)
  16. cola_colin

oh well I guess I really need to finally do a deploy of a bunch of fixes within the next few days. Yes that will be a part of that.

... will break the record uptime of the server so far:
    [​IMG]
    stuart98 and proeleert like this.
  17. h40p

h40p New Member

Hello! I am posting here to ask about that banner graphic. You said you're looking for a new one, I can definitely help with that! If you are interested, contact me via Skype or Email!

Skype - H40p

Email - H40pOMG@yahoo.com
  18. chr1s2

chr1s2 New Member

Hi,

Thanks for making PA Stats, awesome stuff :) The only problem is it seems to have issues when used with a Mac. I'm using a Macbook (boo) to play PA as I need the Mac for my University course and I can't afford to have both a Mac and windows.

When I start a game I can build my first structure with no problem but as soon as I try to queue a structure order with the commander all hell breaks loose! I cannot place the second selected structure, nor can I deselect it to build something else. I can't deselect the commander either. I cannot actually do anything once this happens apart from move my mouse around the screen attached to a white outline of the structure I was planning on building. The only way to resolve this is to quit PA and rejoin a game - which isn't too popular with the opponent, especially if it happens multiple times in a match!!

I uninstalled all mods I was using and tried each one individually to see which one was causing this problem as vanilla PA works with no problems whatsoever. I'm afraid that PA stats is guilty. It also affects single player skirmish and galactic war.

I realise that I'm in the minority by using a Mac so I don't expect an immediate fix but until this is resolved I can't use PA Stats. Sorry!
  19. cola_colin

I think what you are seeing is an issue @wondible already observed as well. It is somehow connected to the chat room that is included. If you leave all chatrooms it should not happen. Additionally I think the issue that caused the crash is rotating buildings while you place them I think, but I am not sure. All I know is:
    - This does not happen on any other OS. I never had a mac and I will never buy one, so I cant fix or even look into it at all
    - I think Uber looked into this. It is most likely a bug in coherent UI. PA Stats does something that triggers a crash in coherent. They just recently updated coherent to a new version, which seems to have changed the behavior of the bug a little, but did not fix it. actually I think I have mixed that up with something else.

I am sorry I can't debug this at all. The PA Stats code is not doing anything that should cause this and I cannot reproduce on windows.
    Last edited: February 18, 2015
  20. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I wasn't able to reproduce this on PTE, so I think a fix is coming.
    cola_colin likes this.