[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Updated PA Stats with a new system view. Thanks to @dreuffek he implemented it. :)

Also PA Stats now links replays. Note that it even links them on older games, that are very likely not to actually work for replays. Also note that I think PA has no live-replay system (dunno if it will every have one). So replays of live games probably do not work as well.

The links have this form:

http ://pastats.com/replay/<id here>

this is a redirecting page on pastats.com, it redirects to a custom protocol:

startpa://replay=<id here>

The reason for having the redirect is that http links are easier to handle when i.e. chatting or posting in the forums.

The id is the replayid, it may be possible in the future to search for it within PA.
    An easier to handle alternative is to register this protocol.

see here for info on how to do that: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/info-how-to-open-replay-links.59212

Once you have correctly configured the protocol should be able to just click a replay link to open PA and play the replay after login. Note that you need the PA Stats UI mod installed for that to work.
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. imboing

imboing New Member

Uh, I can't play anymore after the last update. Most buttons in the menu are grayed out and when clicking reply it says "There are no region avaliable for this build version."
    Disabling PA Stats makes everything work though.
  3. cola_colin

did you test more than one restart? I had that issue maybe one time and never could reproduce it.
    EDIT:
    to be precise I had that issue when I tried to autostart replays. They would fail with that message. A normal start of PA never had that issue.
  4. imboing

imboing New Member

Yup, I tried it really a lot of times. Disabling, re-enabling.
  5. cola_colin

Weird. Any other mods installed? I can't reproduce at all.
    can you try to do a F5 in the main menu after you logged in?
  6. cola_colin

Now it really is fixed. I hope :S
  7. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

8. cola_colin

yeah I wanted to have eaten a few hours ago, but then it kept breaking. Stupid start.html. Detecting the version of PA and loading a certain mod file based on that is super crazy hard to do in there.

EDIT:
    Known issue:
    Using the new "invite" feature causes errors for reporting. I tried to write a fix for it, but now this social feature thing does not work at all anymore. Even with all mods disabled I can't even befriend my smurfs anymore, so I can't test it.
    Last edited: April 26, 2014
  9. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I was able to load replays as far back as 62519. Tried going to a beta replay and no units loaded though.
    Clopse and cola_colin like this.
  10. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Wow thats cool
  11. imboing

imboing New Member

Hey cola, just wanted to say that everything is working now and yeah, I was using the Steam version.
    Thanks!
  12. tut768

tut768 New Member

I found a bug in my 1v1 ladder match it says a got beat by 20 of the same guy in one match i dont know what happend but i beat the guy and only played once so something weird is happening
    This is the link to my 1v1 profile and it's derped
    http://ladder.pastats.tk/player/31308
  13. cola_colin

I can't say what is happening for the ladder page. That's Illmarens project. For the wrong winner there seems to be a wrong report for that game. Will check out if I can understand why that happened and fix the game.
    http://www.pastats.com/chart?gameId=89108

EDIT:
    Error-summary:
    For some reason the ui mod of Iforgotthename reported the same values as in the game before.
    I need to check how this can happen and fix it.

EDIT 2:
    I fixed the game data on pa stats, you are now registered as winner. That will only show up on the ladder after Illmaren does a reload though. May take a while. For the weird display errors you have to ask Illmaren.
    Last edited: April 27, 2014
  14. cola_colin

Updated the replay-info post with a link to a program that handles the replaylinks on mac os.
  15. mrwrightside

mrwrightside New Member

Wondering how this works in regards to W/L? Do all people in the game need to have PA stats for it to count as a W/L? On the ladder I have very few games regarded as W/L but when looking in PA stats players list, all of my games are listed. Just curious :) (I do have both options ticked at the beginning of the game too).
  16. cola_colin

There is a 1v1 ladder and a 2v2 ladder. But generally at least for the 1v1 ladder both players have to use PA Stats. Games of you vs a person without PA Stats will not be rated at all.
  17. mrwrightside

mrwrightside New Member

Thank you for the clarification :)
  18. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Looks like the ranked matcher moved off the start screen, so it no longer breaks Instant Sandbox :)

Of course PAStats is broken if an IS game tries to send data. To enable that I believe I'd have to:

- reset isRankedGame just to be safe
    - default wantsToSend off, or maybe just if AI economy is 0
    - record lobbyId
    - record system (need to figure out which format is used)
    - record teams and team index

Perhaps there should be an API on the PAStats global object so I wouldn't have to know quite so much about the internal storage formats?
  19. cola_colin

Not sure about the wantsToSend. It can be controlled by the user before clicking start annihilation.
    The system format by now is pretty simple. It's a string of the full system json.

Yes an API would be helpful. I have not yet thought about that. Basically the UI mod is not meant to be interacted with like that so far. Such an API would be pretty helpful even for my own internal handling though.
  20. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I'm about to try manual data setup. Apologies in advance for mangled data. ;^)
    cola_colin likes this.