[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Short games are removed, but not longer ones. Can you try again with a game that is longer?
  2. destravous

destravous Member

Okay, tried it again, and oddly enough it worked o_O I guess reinstalling the game/pastats/modmanager fixed it. Thanks.
  3. imboing

imboing New Member

Hey, sorry if this has already been asked or explained somewhere but I have a question.
    Is it normal that I can't see the alerts for example pings? I see the ping but not the "Ping!" green thing, which is really useful.
    If it's normal, how do I enable it? I tried looking with the Alerts Manager mod but I found nothing for the pings.

Thanks.
    Fr33Lancer, Quitch and cola_colin like this.
  4. cola_colin

Hmm. I dont play teamgames and I dont use them, so I never noticed at all and I never considered checking. Might be broken.
  5. imboing

imboing New Member

Thanks! I'm pretty sure it's PA Stats because it only happens when I enable it.
    Let me know if you need help troubleshooting.
  6. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

That's really weird. I don't get ping notifications either, but I didn't realize it was because of this mod.
    totalannihilation and reptarking like this.
  7. cola_colin

Looking at the code it is very likely caused by the fact that when I wrote the code the pings did no exist.
  8. cola_colin

Pings should be back, if you use alertsManager directly you need to update it in pamm
  9. imboing

imboing New Member

Just checked, everything works. Thanks again cola_colin.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  10. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Still got a "Good winner displayed / bad winner ID" unfortunately :
    http://www.pastats.com/chart?gameId=81268
    [​IMG]
    This game was a 2 vs 1+1 (we shared army, they did not).

I also had another "Game not recorded on PAStats" (Both my friend and I had the mod enabled)
    Not sure if you missed my previous post when you asked for some details here, or there was just nothing you could do / find.
    Anyway, here's the info about this missing game :
    [​IMG]
    Missing game is supposed to be just after that one, so it started around 22:00 / 22:05 and was finished by 22:30
  11. cola_colin

I'll look into it. I currently log all winner reports so I might find something.
  12. cola_colin

So the wrong report is probably not caused by whatever declared complete random people to win games they were not even part of. Instead you guys reported that a team "2" won, which is non existent in that game.
    I updated the winner id on PA Stats, ping Illmaren to do a reload for you.
    My guess here is that your unusual gamemode was at fault. I admit I am too lazy to do any development/testing right now, but if you encounter this issue again with that gamemode I guess that might be one cause of your issues at least.

I can see winner reports for game 81328 at ~22:00 and ~22:26. The first matches the correct endtime of that game, the 2nd looks like the end of that never reported game.
    No idea how that happened.
  13. Fr33Lancer

Thanks for your time. ;)
    About the game mode, that time one people explicitly asked not to share his army (despite being a disadvantage for them). I'll remember to avoid this kind of scenario.
    That is strange indeed.
    So, if I understood correctly, it can be illustrated like (yes I like drawing :p) :
    upload_2014-4-6_0-33-57.png
    Since the game XYZ is not registered, I understand the orange report was not recorded / sent by P2, while P1 was in complete limbo :confused:
    I know that at the end of that XYZ game, I had not the numbers recap PAStats usually display (where PA puts 0/-)
    I'll reinstall PAStats and ask my buddy to do the same, hopefully that may solve the issue.
  14. cola_colin

reinstalling PA Stats most likely will do no changes. My guess is that something went wrong in the lobby, so your mods never send data. I feel this is probably also caused by "unusual" things you did in the lobby. At the end of Game XYZ it reported again tto game 81328, because no new game id had been created because reporting never happened for Game XYZ. Unknown why. I need the exact setup of the games that failed to maybe reproduce it.

However since you guys seem to get this problem once in a while it would be best if you could debug it yourself.
    I checked more logs, using the IP you currently have in the forums I could make out the http requests in the webservers logs as well. The call that is supposed to send data to my server 404s out all the time. This means that something you did in the lobby resulted in some corrupt data (teamdata/planetdata) to be captures and that let all reports fail, because the data your PA sends is not what my server expects. I need to fix this so it logs such broken pieces of data... What I basically need is you to check if reporting works while the game still runs. Then, if it failed, start the UI debugger and check what exactly it tries to send every 5s to http://ns393951.ip-176-31-115.eu/
    The stuff that is marked here (click show source) is what would make it clear to me what broke:
    [​IMG]
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Feature request: ability to turn off pole lock for your awesome globe.
  16. Fr33Lancer

Will bookmark my PAStats Profile page (or start to use inGame Browser Mod, have yet to try), checking if a new game is being recorded after queueing the Commander's initial orders should be quick, and I'll create a shortcut to the debugger, to launch in case recording fails.
    I hope we'll be able to reproduce it "soon" :D

EDIT : Speaking of Coherent, is Coherent_UI.log of any help ?
    Since I didn't launch the game since that last game, I can see a lot of "reported FAIL" stuff at approximate game end time, but I guess it ain't PAStats related.
    Last edited: April 6, 2014
  17. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been talked about before... but what needs to happen before people are removed from the ladder? I know gunshin is already gone http://ladder.pastats.tk/1on1. just want to make sure I do what I need to, to keep my rank but don't go on a losing spree due to not liking current balance xD
  18. cptconundrum

Illmaren is automatically removing users that have no games in the last two weeks. I think they come back if they play a game though.
  19. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Would it have value in being a month?

I say a month because well, 2 weeks is 2 weekends. For some people that could be 2 days where games can actually be played.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  20. cptconundrum

That's a point worth bringing up. Would you mind re-posting that question in his PA Stats Automatic Ladder thread? He might not read this one as often.