[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

empty? Nothing should be empty nowhere?
  2. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

Ah, it was just a matter of the new server not having the most recent games. For example http://ns393951.ip-176-31-115.eu/report/winners?start=1395432669&duration=86400 (games since 24 hours ago) is empty but http://ns393951.ip-176-31-115.eu/report/winners?start=1395346269&duration=86400 (games since 48 hours ago) has content.
  3. cola_colin

yeah the new server is currently running a backup copy from yesterday or so
  4. cola_colin

I am starting to do the move now. Expect some data loss and potentially a few outages as well as pastats.com redirecting to http://ns393951.ip-176-31-115.eu/ for a while.
    Will post again once all is done, may take a while since moving the data does take a while.
  5. cola_colin

Move complete. The old server is offline.
    Redirects are in place i.e.:
    http://nanodesu.info/pastats/report/winners?start=1395432669&duration=86400
    http://pastats.com
    Hopefully pastats.com will point at the correct server soon.
    All webservice users should move to use the new urls.
    Please update PA Stats in pamm, there should be an update but as of now I cant seem to get pamm to realize that it is an update. Wrong year, ups... You do not need to do the update to use the new server as of now, but as long as you don't do it you will still be depending on the old server for the loader js file. I won't update that file anymore and delete it at some point.

If anybody notices any issues please report them.
    Last edited: March 23, 2014
  6. woutske

woutske New Member

DNS change took a while but everything is online it seems :)
    proeleert and cola_colin like this.
  7. cola_colin

Yeah for me in chrome I had to F5 a few times because it had cached the old redirect, so it would do an endless redirect somehow. So in doubt just spam F5 I guess :)
  8. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

[​IMG]
    Myeess I can find 2V2's now thnx cola_colin.
  9. Methlodis

Methlodis Active Member

I have a few questions about PA Stats functionality for sending an manipulating data for websites. Namely if there is currently an API that streamlines the information to be used in separate databases, or if website like PA Ladders and what Prouleert's project is ripping the information straight off of the PA Stats website. If a API is in place, is there any plans to create one to help other websites use the PA Stats Database for their own projects.

Also, are there any plans to allow players to be grouped together? Namely if a community or clan wants to create their own ladders and difficulty reference tiers for their own websites? Or like having to interpret the data we would have to select the individual players themselves when requesting data for PA Stats.

Website tools such as code you can add to a website to intergrate small ladders of your own would be a great feature/resource to have for people as well. Maybe something listed as some sort of package and/or plugin that people could add onto their sites to immediately access the information they want from PA Stats. Just a thought though.

I ask all this because I want to see if creating something like these would be relatively easy to initially set up, or becoming a project on its own. Are any of these features planned for development, or if not would you be willing to integrate them into PA Stats?
  10. cola_colin

I won't create stuff like that myself, but I recommend you read the initial post. I updated a while ago with a few links and stuff to posts where I explain currently existing webservices. Generally if you want to create some project of your own based on PA Stats data you need to define exactly what data you need and then I can tell you if I can create a webservice like that for you.
  11. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Well with the API's cola already provides I think this should be possible.
    For Clan based Ladders, you might be faster talking to Illmaren of (http://ladder.pastats.tk/) he might be able to do a query on [RLM] or other clan's and have your Ladder created in minutes, he's capturing that data anyways.

The Tool I'm working on, will be released in near future.
    For now going to do some testruns with PACE Tourneys, then release so everyone wanting to run a challonge/PA tourney has a better time.
    Methlodis and mishtakashi like this.
  12. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Just noticed a bug about the unit / building reported from PA Stats.
    In this game, I got nuked by the AI around 15:20 - 15:30.
    Nuke hit my orbital launcher straight, yet most of the surroundings units / buildings are still shown in the list & cesium planet. All "ghosts" buildings can be easily identified, it's the ones remaining on the cesium planet at the end (I got completely wiped, at the exception of a few walls maybe)
    Hope it helps.
  13. cola_colin

Known bug in PA, it does not trigger such events for nukes. Can't do anything about it.
  14. Fr33Lancer

Ok, thanks for the explanation, I thought it might be a bug because some buildings destroyed by that nuke triggered an event (noticeable with frame 15:27 / 15:28, ie T2 vehicle factory)
    Since those were mostly on the far edge of the blast radius, maybe it's linked to the AoE of the nuke.
    Like (red = "ghost" / green = accounted as lost) :
    [​IMG]
  15. cola_colin

No idea, but it is a bug in the native code. Can't do anything about it. From what Uber wrote they know it and it is on some todo list.
  16. cola_colin

17. Fr33Lancer

Yesterday I lost a 2v2 match. Both me and my mate use PA Stats and it was unlikely both of us had the mod disabled. But that game didn't pop on our PA Stats respective profiles.
    Yet I gave the situation the benefit of the doubt (it was a loss after all :D).

Today, same thing happened (2v2 with a won this time :p).
    Unlikely to be a coincidence :confused:
    Anyone ever experienced this ?
  18. cola_colin

at what time?
    There is a rare bug that prevents reporting. If you get it more often that might be very interesting ;)
  19. destravous

destravous Member

For some reason, all of my games after 1/16/2014 have not been reported. (Don't show up on pastats)

I tried reinstalling pa, pastats, and the mod manager, but nothing seams to help. Checking the "show live updates" box does cause the stats to be recorded live on the main site, but the game record disappears from the site afterwords. (this may be caused by a crash during my test game though, the game was shorter then 5 min).

Any suggestions?
  20. Fr33Lancer

I can give you the approximate timing, since I know for sure when it happened (at least for one game, the last)
    [​IMG]

First game around 22:24+24 + let's say 0-5 minutes (time to go in lobby + opponents to come), so around 22:50 / 22:55
    Second one I'm having a doubt, I'll go for orange so around 19:21 + 8 + 5 = around 19:30 / 19:35
    If it ain't that day, it's the other one in red.

Hope it can help.