[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

That message btw tells the client that the "hosting" client has not yet send and game config.
  2. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

THANK YOU!!!
  3. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yeah story checks out. WTF man still havnt changed your units section. Hurry up!!
    Unhappy customer 0/10 :D
    cola_colin and cptconundrum like this.
  4. cola_colin

Released a possible fix for incorrect teams being detected.
    (a horrible hack. Not having a proper handler = setInterval(grabData, 10);)
  5. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I have never been able to get proper stats out of PA stats, it always seems to give an incorrect number. For instance, I was just outswarmed by an enemy who (according to PA stats) had a similar amount of factories to me, a similar amount of fabbers, and less P-gens and mexes, and he was still able to spam more tanks than I had bots. Even if he had less economic structures, he still seemed to have a better efficiency than me throughout the game. Is this a bug, or is there something i've been missing from economy efficiency the whole time?
  6. cola_colin

I've not had any reports and have not seen any issues like this for the most part. Do the army count numbers match up with the displayed units in the bottom?
    Link to the game?

EDIT:
    Probably this one:
    http://www.nanodesu.info/pastats/chart?gameId=40757

I can't see anything wrong with how it looks. Tbh you never had more stuff at anything and at some point his economy just outspammed yours.

EDIT 2:
    Note how you may have the same amount of factories, but your build efficiency isn't as good because you are stalling.
  7. emraldis

Yes, but I had similar economic structures. Also, I've had games where the units numbers don't match up. I don't begrudge my loss of that game, i'm just confused at the stats.

EDIT: well, that explains the economic structures, was looking at the wrong time. Still, I have experienced unit counts being inaccurate many times in the past.
  8. cola_colin

yes they are not perfect
    in larger games they can go wrong. Last time I checked (a while ago) i.e. units killed by nuke do not trigger any alerts, so I cant record their death.

Basically small to medium 1v1 work fine. Larger games somehow end up dropping some events for some reason.
    Nothing I can do about I think :(

EDIT:
    The game I linked btw shows nothing weird at all. I'd say it is a near perfect recording.
  9. emraldis

yeah that one was fine, I was just wierded out because I looked at the wrong time.
  10. cola_colin

The last patch broke automatches again. Reporting keeps working.
    From the changes in the file I think I know what the problem is, should be fixed in not too much work.
  11. cola_colin

Automatches work again.
    Note that yesterdays tournament made me want to play navy maps a natural disaster has hit Finn's revenge, make sure to bring your rubber boots.
  12. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Yesterday's tournament reinforced my hatred for all things naval in every RTS ever :p
  13. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

We all need practice. Bring on the naval maps!
    totalannihilation and reptarking like this.
  14. Quitch

But they're soooooooooo slow, and the wreckage and the pathfinding. I'll come back to naval when a tournament forces me to.
  15. cola_colin

It's really a ball of water btw.
    water_height = 100
  16. Quitch

Can we at least get one naval map with multiple islands? I think that'd be far more interesting than the water moon.
  17. Cultasare

Cultasare New Member

Im having trouble being matched with people using PA stats. I start the search, but it just goes on forever. Does it usually take a very long time?
  18. cola_colin

goes on forever in what state?
    Just searching?
    It can't give you a person if there is nobody else.
    Also in the last few hours it was broken, see my posts above. Should work again.

@Quitch:
    There is only that one naval map. It's kinda my way to test how people will react to having to use navy. If the feedback is 100% "FOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" I'll go back ;)
  19. Quitch

One stat not included in graphs that I'd like is metal on the field, so rather than just seeing units alive I'd know their value. This would be a better measure of who is winning the fight rather than just a raw unit count.
  20. Cultasare

Cultasare New Member

It just keeps searching at the point where it says the game will play a youtube video even when minimized. Says other players are searching at the same time as well...