[REL] MysticalFists AI Skirmish Cheats

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by mysticalfists, October 23, 2014.

1. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Howdy,

I play Planetary Annihilation off and on, but generally like to play single player versions, where I can build huge armies quickly and/or impenetrable bases. I'd noticed a severe lack of cheating options even with DevMode. Due to that, I have created a cheat mod for AI Skirmish (Note: This can also be used in Multiplayer).

Note: This mod affects build.js and unit_list.json!! This is very important since this will likely break any existing mods you may be using that alter individual units!

Note: Confirmed this does work in multiplayer. Only the host needs to have the mod installed.

How It Works:
    This mod adds hacked copies of units that only you and other players can build (the AI can use these if you have control of them). Any unit you build, be it with your Commander or Fab's will have Instant Build and High Health (10x normal). Any of the Metal Extractors and Energy Plants will produce nearly Infinite Resources. Holkins long-range artillery, Nuke Launcher, and Anti-Nuke Launcher will also reload extremely fast. With this mod activated I was able to sustain an almost unlimited sized army with a single Metal Extractor and Energy Plant.

- Big shout out to trialq and stuart98!!

Note: While working on the 0.2 update, I started having issues with PA crashing. I believe I was able to hammer em all out; however, if your game crashes, it's possible that SERVER.EXE will not close by itself, and cause your game to crash if you immediately try to restart it. If you experience this issue, you may need to kill the SERVER.EXE process in Task Manager.

Change Log:
    - 1.0 Updated to reflect finished status (1.0) with minor update to fix icon, forum link, and correctly list PA v86422 compatible.
    - 0.5 Updated to work with PA v86422. Note that I do not have the Titans Expansion and this may not work with it. The mod may also list a different version, but that was due to me not realizing I had a more updated version installed, my bad.
    - 0.4 Updated to work with PA v80462, Can Use Unit Cannon, Removed Speed Hacks.
    - 0.3 Added Instant Reload for Holkins long-range artillery, Nuke Launcher, and Anti-Nuke
    - 0.2 Added Instant Build for all Factories, Fabs, Units, etc.
    - 0.1 Initial release with Infinite Resources.

DOWNLOAD WITH PAMM LINK BELOW!!~
    Last edited: August 24, 2015
    rayzone12 likes this.
  2. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

I've been able to mod Instant Build and No Cost for all utility buildings, but it's a lil slow going. For now I'm also skipping Move Speed hack as that screws with some of the navigation and may take a bit more to tweak. I'm gonna continue the work though as I'd like to have a bit more finished before I update the master.
  3. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Running into an issue. I've editing almost all units & factories now. I can build Factories and Utility buildings instantly; however, it doesn't seem to be working on anything else (Fab units, Combat units, Vehicles, etc). To make instant build I've been reducing the build_metal_cost to 1. I've been editing and reediting several JSON's (build arms, ammo, tools, etc) to no avail. Anyone have a clue what else may be extending the build times??

EDIT: Just to confirm, the build times are not being affected regardless of me using the Commander or Fab units.

EDIT2: I'm dumb, figured it out and work continues
    Last edited: October 24, 2014
  4. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Updated the Mod with Instant Build and High Health (10x normal) support for all buildable Factories, Fabs, Units, etc!

EDIT: I am leaving within the hour to go camping for the weekend. Should you experience any issues, please feel free to post on this thread as I will be checking back. Also note that if you find anything you'd like tweaked/added, again, feel free to post. This may also make it easier (ie: quicker) for me to get things done next week (like quick reload for Holkins/Nukes)!~

Change Log:
    0.2 Added Instant Build for all Factories, Fabs, Units, etc.
    Last edited: October 24, 2014
  5. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Updated to add nearly instant reload for Holkins long-range artillery, Nuke Launcher, and Anti-Nukes.

Change Log:
    0.3 Added Instant Reload for Holkins long-range artillery, Nuke Launcher, and Anti-Nuke
    0.2 Added Instant Build for all Factories, Fabs, Units, etc.
    0.1 Initial release with Infinite Resources.

6. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

There is a GW version of this I think:
    [​IMG]
    Notice the selected filter.
    mysticalfists likes this.
  8. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Hi Bsergent,
    As Cola_Colin posted, there is a version of this already available for Galactic War in PAMM. You can find the thread here. Neither of my hacks offer a Win Game button; however, for that I would suggest using --devmode as wondible suggested. --Devmode should allow you to simply "Win" the battle you're in, as well as other options. Just note that the options for --Devmode do not work 100% in Galatic War as it was also made for Skirmish mode.
  9. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

AS of 75817-pte this mod causes the Commander to have no structures in it's structure palette, therefore unable to build anything.
  10. implodedbrains

implodedbrains New Member

HEY THERE!:D:D:D This Mod Is AWESOME! though there is one thing i don't like WERE IS THE UNIT CANNON!! :mad: I REALLY REALLY WANT TO TEST IT OUT AND SEND LIKE 500 units onto an enemy planet but i can't cuz it aint there so please please please add it with instant build time and infinite units to fire please thank you!
    mysticalfists likes this.
  11. gummby8

gummby8 New Member

Nevermind me got the wrong mod...everythin gis fine now

Attached Files:

Last edited: December 30, 2014
  12. evofire115

evofire115 New Member

cant use teleporters or pick up units to fly to other planets and Unit cannon wont show up. help?
  13. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

In the log there is an error
    Code:
    [13:29:23.154] ERROR Could not create node of type: [BAD_DATA] for unit: [/pa/hackedunits/land/artillery_long/artillery_long.json]
    Not game breaking, but should be fixed.
  14. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That's a vanilla error and not mod-related.
  15. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

/pa/hackedunits does not exist in vanilla last I checked
  16. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Hence the error. :)
  17. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

So I finally went back to play PA and updated to 80462, the latest; however, this is still working just fine for me. My commander can build stuff, that stuff can build stuff, mass energy, mass metal, and quick build times.

I noticed the new Unit Cannon, but every buildable machine has the line for this in their own file, so it's another edit that's going to require me to change every unit file, which may take a while, lol.
  18. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

This is now updated to v0.4 for use with PA v80462. Updated for use with the Unit Cannon, Advanced Fighter, Stealth Sub, Attack Sub, etc. This is an entirely fresh build of the hack, so let me know if you have any issues!

Huge Thanks to Cola_Colin for TransformPA, without which, I'd probably not have updated this!!~
  19. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Just recorded a clip of me annihilating 9 highest level AI in Planetary Annihilation with 247 nukes. The entire match took less than 15mins with the cheat mod I created!

20. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Mystical Fists AI Skirmish Cheat update v0.5:

This is a complete re-write of the MF AI Skirmish cheat updated for PA v86422. Please note that I do not have the paid-for Titans expansion, so I'm unsure if this will work with that (quiet likely will not). Everthing appears to be in working order (High Health, Quick Build, High/Infinite Resources). I have also tweaked land defense systems so they work more like I wanted (Nukes build quickly, Holkins fire very quickly, etc).

If you experience any issues, please feel free to let me know.

EDIT: Updated to reflect this is actually for PA v86422
    Last edited: August 19, 2015
    DeathByDenim likes this.