[REL] [CMM] Hotbuild2 v1.51 [113578]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by proeleert, December 8, 2013.

1. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Yeah but where do you put walls then ?

Hah that actually makes sense hmm what do you want to do about it ?
  2. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

It's new.

Well....

Let's say I have bot and vehicle factories selected, and I want to build fabbers.

If I hit "w", it should just build every fabber type that is available. I think. Hit w to add one bot fabber. Hit w again to build 2 bot fabbers. Not one bot fabber and one vehicle fabber.

This was a good limitation of hotbuild 1. And it has always been a limitation of hotbuild2. Unless I was massively out of date.
  3. proeleert

Actually nothing changed in that part of hotbuild2 in ages :) So I think it's always been like this. Will check anyways. Have some other things planned first so I will get around to it eventually.
  4. stormingkiwi

Maybe has been like that for a long time, but it most certainly hasn't always been like this. Unit selection never cycled. Wasn't cycling just yesterday. I changed my defaults and stuff recently though. And there were weird other things happening (i.e. EK was scout - e built a scout, k removed a scout from queue)
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I've moved them to third item on G on the arrows setup. That's the umbrella and something, and it has the big advantage that it's obvious from the wireframe when you've got the wrong unit, plus there's no overlap with units your T1 fabbers can build which simplifies matters.
  6. stormingkiwi

I keep them on C. I see them as a "wall". I've put the basic laser and the basic torpedo there as well.
  7. stormingkiwi

@proeleert

I finally am submitting my keybinds.

I basically just made these in the past hour. Haven't had a game with them yet. Well, only one game.

I warn anyone who wants to use them, they are illogical, strange and confusing. Unless you're me.

Some key deviations from the norm.

The tilde key is toggle infinite build.
    f is select fabbers.
    g is commander
    h is HALT!
    b is next build tab.
    j is the Uber Cannon. - Why J? Because j has the thing on it so you can always find it.
    k is ping.
    How spammable is orbital radar? Not very = no keybind from me.

I haven't added naval stuff. Just what came with the defaults.

Advanced combat fabbers and regular combat fabbers are separated. There is no good reason for this. I just felt like it.

Attached Files:

8. elitedanzel

elitedanzel Active Member

Could we have the possibility to use a modifier key for hotbuild?
    So x would be mex, and shift-x would be advanced mex?

I'm not totally sure I want this, but I'm having trouble fitting all of the hotkeys on my left hand. (So if its not simple then don't bother)
  9. proeleert

I can make this work, but not going to do it soon.

shift + is a bad idea anyways cause shift is the "queue this" button as well.
    elitedanzel and Quitch like this.
  10. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

How about ctrl+something?
  11. proeleert

Yeah that should be fine :)
    If I move over to mouseTrap again the lib PA use for keymapping It's easy to add stuff like this.
    mouseTrap :
    positives : (conflict checking with PA) ( '+' binding)
    negatives : no double binds / problem with some keys (internationalization)

I'm looking at other keymap libraries or reinventing the wheel again.
    http://dmauro.github.io/Keypress/ (looks good / almost same as MouseTrap in usage / different keyboardlayout issues)
    http://keithcirkel.co.uk/jwerty/ (have to test)
  12. proeleert

upload_2014-2-25_18-22-26.png
    Uber I want zqsd :)
  13. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

What community default hotbuild layout suits me best if i use middle mouse button instead of wasd and arrow keys?
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The one that has no wasd in it.
  15. stormingkiwi

Arrow keys definitely
  16. iref1ex

iref1ex New Member

So I really don't understand why this mod doesn't seem to be working for me. I have installed it several times, but every time I map out keys and try to use them, half the time they work, half the time they don't. For example...

I set my metal extractors to "z", my power gens to "x" and defense turrets to "v". Yet, when I try to use x it will try and build a turret instead of the power gen.

I have checked through the uber keys, and everything else and can't seem to find any conflict between the keys. There are MULTIPLE variations of this problem to. Is this mod just bugged hardcore? or am I doing something wrong? Anyone else having this issue??

***I did just notice that there has been a version change in the game with the last hotpatch to fix bug issues (v 61694) so perhaps the mod isn't compatible yet?***
  17. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

hope this helps :)
    iref1ex likes this.
  18. iref1ex

iref1ex New Member

Still having issues, followed those steps and it still seems to want to build things that aren't even hotkeyed -_-

I checked through the rest of the key mapping again, but still couldn't find any conflicting key binds. wtf am I doing wrong here?
  19. iref1ex

iref1ex New Member

Still having issues, followed those steps and it still seems to want to build things that aren't even hotkeyed -_-

I checked through the rest of the key mapping again, but still couldn't find any conflicting key binds. wtf am I doing wrong here?
  20. stormingkiwi

Ok.

Sometimes I've noticed that Hotbuild doesn't actually do what you've told it to

When you add stuff to a key, triple check that whatever you've added is actually added to that key. (I.e. check the hotbuild2 list on the hotbuild tab of the settings.)

If it hasn't been added, check if it is already added somewhere else, and then save and exit settings, and try again.

Hope that helps?
    iref1ex likes this.