[REL] Galactic War Deck

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by trialq, May 28, 2014.

1. trialq

trialq Post Master General

This mod replaces the deck in galactic war with a custom one. The main features of this deck are:
    • Buff cards buff less, but buff everything (making most cards applicable to most situations)
    • Buff stacking. For example there is a 'damage + 7%' card, and a 'damage +12%' card. You can have both equipped for damage over 19%, but as there's two cards it will take two slots
    • Uber Buff cards. These are rare cards that buff a specific aspect of the game to ridiculous levels, offset somewhat by the rareness, and specificness
    tGWDeck-b.jpg

tGWDeck-a.jpg

Be careful not to mix saves that use the standard deck and this one. I haven't encountered any corruption from doing so, but funky things will happen (at the very least, cards not shared between decks will be removed along with the slot they filled). Also be sure not to mix saves between different versions of this mod, I plan to change existing cards and add new ones. On that note, try it out, and let me know what you'd do to improve it.

On pamm.
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Out of curiosity, can loadouts be modified as well?
  3. trialq

Almost certainly yes (I got it half working so far), here's what I know to that end:
    • Cards are in 'ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards'
    • Loadouts are cards that start 'gwc_start*'
    • The used loadouts inherit from 'ui/main/game/galactic_war/cards/gwc_start.js'
    • Loadouts have conditional guards in the buff and dull functions so the contents is only applied once, others don't for unknown reasons
    • All used loadouts are listed in array 'extraDeck', in 'ui/main/game/galactic_war/gw_start/gw_dealer.js'
    • They are also listed in array 'startCards', in 'ui/main/game/galactic_war/gw_start/gw_start.js'
    The above gets us to this:
    loadout9.png
    So we need to do something more, or something that's been done has been in error.

edit: Loadouts working, I was being silly and also needed to do something else.

BTW for now this mod shadows gw_dealer.js, because I haven't figured out any other way to modify the array contents before code below it executes.
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    mishtakashi and zweistein000 like this.
  4. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

Too cool. Will try it out later
  5. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I see you used my suggestion for uber commander for something. XD I like the name.
  6. trialq

I'm open to suggestions for more cards. What this deck aims to do is be:
    • Balanced, no extreme buffs except rare cards that only buff a single unit or aspect of the game
    • Every card is useful on its own. The normal buff cards buff every unit, so you're certain to feel a benefit. The Uber buff cards that buff a specific unit, also allow you to build that unit if you couldn't before. And the stock t2 cards have been removed (which depended on you being able to build the t1 of that type). The only time a card is not useful, is if the loadout you're using already covers what the card does
    • Fun. That's what the Uber Buffs are for, more work can always be done in this area
    • Interesting and varied. So far there isn't too much going on with this deck. There's the core buff cards and the uber buffs, and the stock cards to enable tech. Interesting categories of card could be added, like ones that buff certain things and nerf others, so you have interesting choices to make. There's lots of things that can be done and I can't think of them all
  7. totalannihilation

totalannihilation Active Member

can range and splash damaged be changed with these cards?
    it would be nice to add splash damage to all units (*splash vanguards*)
    it would be fun to use 5 cards to make all units snipers

can you add multiple shooting to a single unit? (like peregrines used to fire 10 missiles at a time)
    e.g. shellers fire 3 shells per shot (can be the same target, one shot behind each other, or could be different target, its up to the game limitations)

Uber Buff
    Machine gun doxen!! reduced fire damage, but they shoot a continous and fast burst of machine gun

I guess I am out of ideas
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

as you list things, you show how fun this can actually get. Can't wait to see more.
  9. trialq

Updated to work with v1.0. Not compatible with the loadouts mod, they both shadow gw_dealer.js.

If anyone wants to maintain this mod, to improve and alter as you wish, let me know and it's all yours. I'm not particularly interested in a custom deck any more (TBH the loadouts mod is more interesting to me, and the incompatability is a problem), and can't satisfactorily maintain everything.
  10. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

I've still been fiddling with my GW mod on and off (still got some of your stuff in there), one day I'll release it :) I really want to give specific AI commanders specific GW cards though and it's frustrating I don't think it's possible :(
  11. OztinCloud

OztinCloud New Member

For the loadouts portion it does not work at all, whilst i have edited the cards myself and i enjoy it very much.

For some reason selecting one of the custom loadouts greys out the "Go to War" option, and i cannot continue other than backing out and re-selecting the normal commander.

Also,
    Code:
       },
            deal: function (system, context) {
                var chance = 0;
                var dist = system.distance();
                if (dist > 0) {
                    if (context.totalSize <= GW.balance.numberOfSystems[0]) {
                        chance = 500;
                        if (dist > 2)
                            chance = 62;
    Does higher chance mean more likely or less likely?
  12. trialq

This mod and the loadout mod do not work together, this mod does not have a loadouts portion. If both are enabled, only one gets to shadow gw_dealer.js, meaning one mod is only partially loaded and bad things may happen. Higher chance means more likely.
  13. trialq

Updated to v1.6. Two new cards added:

super_cards.png
    stuart98 and wpmarshall like this.
  14. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

That quote sir - is incorrect :D
  15. captsardonic

captsardonic New Member

I found what I think is a bug, using ver. 1.6, build 71937. I had 11 slots, all full, using the General loadout (which grants 2 sub-coms at start). I'd picked up an additional sub-com on slot 3, then found a fourth sub-com while all 11 slots were full. The game listed the new sub-com as duplicate tech, and only allowed me to dismiss the new sub-com card, rather than slotting it after deleting an existing tech card (which really hurt, as I sacrificed basic orbital for that additional sub-com during a game where I've received no T2 capability whatsoever). Not sure if this is something that can be fixed, but I wanted to make you aware of it.

Also, given that I've won ~35 battles and have never received anything that would grant me T2 techs of any kind, but I've received at least five different sorts of build/speed/HP/damage buffs, is it possible to change the drop rate so we have a slightly lowered chance of general buffs in favor of an increased (from current) rate of advanced techs? I'm about to go up against the orange and red faction leaders, and without T2 capability of any sort, I'm expecting to have to micro my commander around the map, dodging nukes in the mid- to late game, which is gonna _suck_.

Other than these two issues, though, this is a fun mod and I've been enjoying the new challenge it's put on me.
  16. Ka0uS

Ka0uS New Member

With this mod I'm unable to start a new galactic war. The button "Go to War" is disable.
    :(
  17. maskedcrash

maskedcrash Active Member

Same here. It's a shame really.
  18. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General