[REL] Custom Unit Names [64498]

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by LavaSnake, January 30, 2014.

1. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

I can turn those names into a mod similar to this one if you want. Could you just change them to this format?
    Real name > Custom name
  2. shaggart

shaggart New Member

I have the latest build, and Custom unit names on PAMM but cant find the the section in the UI, any advice would be appreciated! ty
  3. LavaSnake

Custom mod settings is messed up right now so any mods (including this one) that use custom settings will probably have problems. I've been meaning to fix this but I've been very busy/out of town the last few weeks so I haven't gotten to it yet. I'll post something here when I get around to it. Sorry!
  4. shaggart

shaggart New Member

not to worry, ty for the reply, was wanting to try it out mainly due to having nicknames for all the units anyway lol, looking forward to seeing up up and running :)
    LavaSnake likes this.
  5. sabasNL

sabasNL New Member

Would it be possible to update the mod? I really loved it, since I find the vanilla names only confusing and not that relevant at all. I've looked whether someone else made something comparable, but that is not the case.
  6. LavaSnake

I'm planning to update this and all my all mods as soon as I get the time but I've been very busy this summer and my main machine is out of commission so fixing that is also taking my would-be coding time. Hopefully I'll have this updated soonish but I can't say when.
  7. chillingdude

chillingdude New Member

Hi there, my first message at this forum. I'm new to PA and I find interesting a mod that allows me to change units names. Its a noob question, but is this mod ready? Can I download it already? If so, is there a link to it?
    Thanks in advance
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Unfortunately this mods seems to have disappeared from PAMM, which probably means it is no longer working. PAMM is the mod manager that has all of the current mods. See here: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pa-mod-manager-pamm-cross-platform.59992/