[REL] Connect to LAN Server IP

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by ViolentMind, October 13, 2014.

1. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

This mod was created by copyliu, but there wasn't any info. in the forums on how to use it, so I thought I'd post this for anyone looking for information concerning its usage.

This Mod is really only required for those people who want to play Local games using systems that have IP addresses on different subnets (like 192.168.1.12 & 192.168.2.12). This is most commonly seen when one or more systems are connected to their home router with a wired connection (usually a desktop), and one or more systems are connected using a wireless connection (usually a laptop).

Once installed and Enabled using PAMM, this mod adds the following section to the Main Menu.

upload_2014-10-13_0-37-23.png

The person who wants to connect to the host would need to enter the IP of the host machine, and also enter the game port, which is 6543 (as shown in the example above). Once the IP and Port information have been entered, click on the LAN CONNECT button, and you should immediately join the game lobby on the host machine.

Hope that helps, and thanks to copyliu for creating this useful little mod!

*Note: If using the same copy of the game installed on two machines trying to connect for a Local game, refer to this post to learn how to make it work.
    Last edited: October 13, 2014
    squishypon3, cola_colin and warrenkc like this.
  2. copyliu

copyliu New Member

thanks your thread about the mod :)

in fact, you can connect to your friends over internet :D

the host system need a port forwarding if your host behind a router.
    Last edited: October 13, 2014
    trialq likes this.
  3. ViolentMind

FYI...
  4. ViolentMind

copyliu, can you include a link in your PAMM post to this forum thread? Most mods have that, and that way, people can find these instructions on how to use it. I've included a sample screenshot of the link below.

upload_2014-10-14_0-18-58.png
  5. zinetwin

zinetwin New Member

Sorry to post in an old thread but we just went through some of this and I thought I may be able to help others out.
    Since the playfab connection is down we stumbled across this mod which is exactly what we needed.
    Long story short, port 6543 isn't the actual default with the dedicated server or the in-game matchmaker. It's 20545 and once forwarded games can be connected to over the internet directly by ip. I'm sure there's ways to change it on the dedicated server side but for the in-game matchmaker it works like a champ.
  6. cheezeit

cheezeit Member

I can verify that this mod has just been updated and now works with the latest version of the game.

Thank you to copyliu :D