[REL][CLIENT] Green Fab Spray

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by dom314, July 28, 2015.

1. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

xD, yeap, amazing how much you can learn from just one file. I am hoping this will help me create more shaders for my particle effects.
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

well since you went for green fabbing what do you think about red commander weapon effects both uber cannon and normal ? (would better fit with the arms imo ... even though missilelauncher arm is a bit of an oddball .. )
    Last edited: July 30, 2015
  3. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Yay green nanolathe! Looks a ton better than vanilla.
    cdrkf likes this.
  4. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

Question:
    Is it possible to limit the green build effect's speed whilst building with a lot of t2. The mod is supperawsome but the large t2 build projects gives you almost epileptic attacks...
  5. dom314

I see what you mean, I can probably slow it down a bit. But I can't slow it down in some cases only.
    Last edited: August 1, 2015
  6. stylisticsagittarius

perhaps slowing it down to a level where let's say 5 t2 builders are building something it is to an acceptable vision.
    It will make t1 effect very slow but it may have something to it as well since you will more see a diffrence in effect with slow to fast effect...
  7. daTomas

daTomas Member

8. dom314

It looks different. This modifies only the fab spray and fab shader. That mod reverts to an older vanila effect, and also undos some other team colorisation.
    daTomas likes this.
  9. daTomas

daTomas Member

Ah, I see it now... And, which effect version do you choose or it can be selected ingame?
  10. dom314

I do not understand what you mean... if you install this mod you should see this mod's effects.
  11. daTomas

daTomas Member

On the previous page you were linking videos with few different effects when nanolating factories. Which one is ingame?
  12. dom314

The one in the op :)
    daTomas likes this.
  13. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Ah good, you're figuring out how these vs and fs files work.

Care to give me a hand?

I want you to modify the shaders in transparent strategic icons to show that a unit is selected more like it is shown in vanilla.

Upon completion of this, you shall be granted one cookie. :)
    ace63 likes this.
  14. stylisticsagittarius

Is it possible to remove (perhaps manually by me) the team color effect whilst building and havving it all green. (the classical colors mod doesn't work).

I really like the effect but when you start building with T2 it is really an epileptic attack i'm sorry...
    dom314 likes this.
  15. dom314

How about I try slowing it down for that case first? If you want to remove the team color bit it might be a little involved, but not tooo hard.
  16. dom314

Hi, I changed the speed a lot, so it only looks epileptic when you are building really cheap things with lots of build power. Please try it out and let me know what you think.

Oh and thanks for giving your input, I think the effect is much better now, so I am glad you pointed it out.
    stylisticsagittarius likes this.
  17. stylisticsagittarius

Wel you got it fixed thats for sure!
    It is perhaps a bit too slow right now but is deffenitly enjoyable!
    I don't know if u can test it easily but i think that when you build with let's say 15 T2 flying fabbers and you build a T2 air factory you should have the same speed effect as your first effect a commander that builds a t1 factory.

But that's just personal, apart from that this is defenitly cool! + you also had an axtra neon effect to the green fabber spray that was in my memories not the case with original vanilla from way back.
    dom314 likes this.
  18. Zachattack525

Zachattack525 New Member

the building effect isn't working. any help?
  19. dom314

Hi, would you happen to have any other mods active? Legion is one that would have its own effect.

If not, what do you mean by not working? What does it look like?
  20. Zachattack525

Zachattack525 New Member

I do have legion, but I turn it off when using legion. And when I say "not working" I mean the effect is the default.