[REL] Auto Factory

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by trialq, January 25, 2014.

1. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Very good update
  2. duncane

duncane Active Member

3. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

I'd love to have multiple profiles for Auto Factory I could switch between in a game for different points in the game. What I'd actually use is a way for Auto Factory to make only fabbers when I press a button/hotkey, but the other thing sounds better.

If I never said it before, thanks for this. It saves a ridiculous amount of effort for those of us with crappy computers who don't have the luxury of finding all our enormous lines of factories on multiple planets in endgame.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

As an FYI, the AF icon is missing from the HUD following the latest patch. Mod still works, you just can't turn it off in-game anymore.
  5. trialq

trialq Post Master General

On the bright side, the last mod update worked for a few days :p Will see about fixing tomorrow.

Annoying zaphod in a video is the real bonus ;)
    Quitch likes this.
  6. ilink

ilink New Member

Hi, i respect the effort you put in this mod, but i think it's a bit too overpowered if used in multiplayer, could you maybe add something to notice to other players if the mod is being used or make it so that it only works if everyone is using it? it's kinda unfair to use this mod if others don't know about it...
    Last edited: July 5, 2014
  7. ilink

ilink New Member

i accidentally posted this one and i can't remove it sorry
  8. trialq

I don't see what's unfair about using this mod, a better player will tend to win regardless of its use by the opponent. I see it more as a safety net for if you forget to queue up your factories, so at least they do something. How do you think it is overpowered?
    Quitch likes this.
  9. ilink

ilink New Member

The fact is that to be strong you have to be able to manage your factories on your own, if i want to play against an omnipresent enemy i can choose an ai... i'm not saying the mod should be removed or anything else, i just say other players should be noticed about the fact someone is using it, for example you could set it to work only if you type a certain text in chat
  10. trialq

"omnipresent" may be overstating the capabilities of this mod, just a touch. To be strong you do indeed have to manage your own factories. This mod doesn't change that fact. It won't build anti-air when you scout the enemy has air. It won't build fabbers when you need build power. The only thing you could argue it automates is "build my favourite things", and as it's done conditionally even that's not reliable.
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Could... could this mod build fabbers if you need build power? Perhaps say, if your eco is positive, it starts building units, if the eco is positive after autofactory starts building units, it also queues up builders because if it is still positive it needs builders because the factories don't consume enough.
  12. trialq

It could half-arsedly attempt to build fabbers when needed, but in doing so it makes assumptions about what the player wants. I won't be implementing something like that, the need to assume means it wouldn't work well.
  13. sargyblue

sargyblue New Member

The button on the bar at the bottom of the screen doesn't appear.
  14. elitedanzel

elitedanzel Active Member

This mod is the reason I don't suck at PA.
    I don't get the toggle item in the bottom menu, not too worried though.
  15. trialq

I updated the mod to what we have now, then a patch moved the buttons into their own scene. It's not a copy-paste fix as it broke knockout (although it should be easy, I just don't have time right now), and the mod still works, so I'll leave it until the weekend.

Glad you like the mod danzel. Conversely, maintaining this mod and others is the excuse I give for sucking at PA :p
  16. duncane

duncane Active Member

Did you manage to do a fix for the icon yet?
  17. trialq

No, TBH I forgot. Sleep soon, I'll try and fix it when I get up before I go out.
  18. trialq

I hit a roadblock, but asked for help and it came quickly :D

v1.8.1:
    • Fix to add toggle button
    • Fix for settings not being shown unless hotbuild was also enabled
    • Transition to new commit type

The last point means you need the new version of PAMM to see the update.
    duncane and Quitch like this.
  19. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I've been getting crashes when returning to menu (Galactic War), with client::ClientInterface::selectAllIdleFactories() implicated in the stack trace. The fact that it's crashing is Uber's problem, but it might be useful to check for game over status.
    trialq likes this.
  20. sycspysycspy

sycspysycspy Active Member

AN UPDATE!!!I LOVE YOU!!!