READ ME FIRST: Weekend of May 31st - June 2nd

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

When creating a game, only hit the button ONCE. Do not spam the button because you don't see anything immediately. It takes about 5 to 15 seconds for the server to spin up an instance.

Obviously, overall, things are still delicate - in some ways more delicate than they were last week, part of the fun of integrating an entirely overhauled UI. Please go easy on it.

That's the main note in terms of how you can easily break things, so please don't do it. Let's keep feedback, connection and crash bugs in this thread for the weekend, and we'll do what we can to keep things rolling.

Thanks all!
  2. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Hmm, looks like it won't create a game for me right now. Clicked once and waited for 30+ seconds, nada.
  3. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

- The issue where your commands start lagging behind (and you have to catch up with time using ChronoCam) is still around, I think it's because of framelag, lose too much frames and you start lagging behind.
    - The issue where you get disconnected if someone joins your game is pretty annoying, I was just about to attack with a huge army of tanks, to see if balance is a bit better (which took roughly 15 minutes to get done) and I got disconnected.
  4. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Wasn't me this time ;)
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Yah, one of the reasons we decided to not send out more keys today is almost entirely to do with the join in progress problems. There's a number of other bugs we're working on, but that one has the highest potential to disrupt someone's experience.

That, plus some lobby chat, and a number of other good things to make the overall experience more robust should come in quickly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.