Re/Mis-Using Models

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by wondible, December 6, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I know I changed the out-of-order unit cannon from brush to feature, and that features are rendered as brushes in CSG edit mode (you can see a canyon cutting trees) It could be there are conventions in how the model is structured that need to be observed for certain uses cases. In particular I've seen this in the game binaries: "Brush not manifold fix it! TEST"
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Hmm, will look into it later. For now making a "csg library" mod that adds more csg with mergeable and pathable attributes set as well as a few "pick what you want" biomes is ... annoying enough. Soooo maaaaany crashes in the system editor xD

But it's worth it.

[​IMG]
    proeleert and DeathByDenim like this.
  3. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

Anybody mind if I ask an odd question here? I'm looking through the files in terrain/desert/brushes. There is a model called desert_plateau_07 that is interesting to me. You can build on it and it is pathable for units to walk on. But the other plateaus don't seem to be. Why? What controls whether you can build or path units across it?

I'm wondering because what I really want is modular platforms - mobile units that can be built on and driven across as if they were land. Any ideas why that feature is different, or where I should look instead?
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Because "pathable or not" is a setting that is set on json file-level for a brush. So you need a little server mod to add more brushes with all useful combinations of settings.

Like this one: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-brush-library.66381/
    GoodOak likes this.