Razer Naga 2014 middle mouse button doesnt work

Discussion in 'Support!' started by sgtspiral, March 18, 2016.

1. sgtspiral

sgtspiral New Member

Basically, the middle mouse button doesn't work in PA, but it does in other games. I have a secondary mouse, which is awful, but the middle mouse button does work. this means that I am unable to pan around a planet, and it extremely frustrating to play with the arrow keys.

thanks

Any ideas?
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I think someone had a similar issue a long time ago. The fix was to decrease the polling rate, iirc.........
  3. sgtspiral

sgtspiral New Member

I'll give that a go, thanks
  4. sgtspiral

sgtspiral New Member

I tried with 125, 500 and 1000 hz polling rates, but none of them had any effect.

I was wondering if I could rebind the key to camera pan to a different key, which I can then rebind on my mouse?
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

The Razer Naga is the one with a gazillion buttons, right? Maybe one of the other mouse buttons is interpreted as the "middle" mouse button? Can you check if that's the case?

Also, while not ideal, there is a mod that lets you hold a key on the keyboard instead of the middle mouse button to pan. See here: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-keybind-extensions-1-7-0-89755.68478
  6. sgtspiral

sgtspiral New Member

I made a new default mouse profile to remove the possibility of that happening. I will try the mod now though, thanks
  7. sgtspiral

sgtspiral New Member

It turns out the middle mouse button is broken, but the mod you supplied did help, as I remapped middle mouse left to pan the camera.

Sorry for wasting your time.
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Ha, you got support in the support subforum; I hardly call that a waste of time. :)
    Anyway, glad to see it's working now. Happy PA-ing!
    sgtspiral likes this.