Ranked System?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Dainank, September 3, 2015.

1. Dainank

Dainank Member

I am very interested in this game, being a former player of the sup com franchise, thus have been asking many question on the forum. I would like to apologise for the sort of 'spam' that I am causing but here is once again another question.

I find it hard to find an explanation of the ranked system, hence have been wondering how it actually works. If possible could someone either explain it or give me a link with info regarding this topic?

Thank You!
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The ranked system in PA is essentially a skill rating tool to give well matched opponent.

It rates you using a form of glicko (we don't know exactly what) and your position on the ladder directly relates to your skill rating.

As such, there are no 'points' available based on the number of games like a traditional ladder. The system rates you based on your win / losses. Beating someone with a higher rating should increase yours, losing to a lower rated opponent will reduce it. Games against equal rated players are unlikely to change your rating at all.

Due to how it operates the more games you play, the more certain the system becomes about your rating. That does make it hard to climb to a higher position later on. That said the idea is to give well matched games, as it's (imo) more enjoyable to play equally match opponents than someone way better, or way worse than you.

Your first 5 games determine your initial starting rank and can be against anyone.

Players who haven't played for 7 days go 'inactive' and are hidden from the leaderboards.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

5. Dainank

Dainank Member

Thank You for the articles guys :) and thank you cdrkf for in depth explanation!