Radius 4649 Planet

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, November 29, 2013.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Yeah but it isn't for the participants, it's for the those watching who wish they could play.
    Grimseff likes this.
  2. nlspeed911

nlspeed911 Member

Well, couldn't everyone claim that? It'd be a nice idea though, if only for purely selfish reasons. :p

Mhm, perhaps I'll win the lottery now with Christmas here. I really shouldn't complain though; I have a house, a family, food, a generally nice study (ok, the last few months were horrible), a working PC - and sure, I can't play Far Cry 3 or so, but meh, I'll have a PC at some point in my life, and then I will be able to. :)

So it'd be a nice idea, sure, but how feasible is it? Who's going to fund it, and why? And how do you check the recipients are actually 'deserving' (I dislike using that term)?
  3. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

There you go guys. Every guy complaining planet's are not big enough will be able play on these. Have fun with tanks travling an hour to the other side...
  4. arsene

arsene Active Member

I mean, it's not a really serious idea, but nevertheless I don't think it's without precedent. Blizzard used to have weekly tournaments for Warcraft 3 and it was a smooth experience because there was a play-tournament button in the client and it was also advertised in the client, so it could reach a wide audience. The rewards were special tournament icons. I think Uber could easily create a weekly "40 man FFA tournament" with just an icon as reward but sponsored by Intel (the money would just go to Uber) since having high framerate kind of relates to your winning chances, so it's good marketing. :)
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Build tanks closer to the edge of your own base.

Also, transports.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

That's some very helpful info. Thanks!