PTE Stream: 69170-main

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 18, 2014.

1. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Holy crap, guys - this game is turning out SO awesome. I watched the replay of the 4-way game with Meta, Brad, Mavor, Blue- when Meta plopped that transporter down on Mavor's planet I was on the edge of my seat waiting for it to activate. Sure enough, it did - and when Mavor's com got chased down by the relentless hoard of hell's fury, that beautiful blue mushroom cloud just made me proud as hell of you guys.

G O O D W O R K U B E R ! ! !
    cdrkf, Remy561 and thetrophysystem like this.
  2. aevs

aevs Post Master General

The zoom is still very wonky for me, especially in the system editor. I can scroll out with 3 or so levels, and zooming in will zoom past all of them.
    Trying to close pathing view still causes a client crash, and possibly a server crash (not sure about that one though).
    It seems that the system editor only takes integer values for everything, even planet velocity & position. This is a problem, as I believe many fields should be left as floating point values. Planet velocity can be very low for larger orbits; there can be a big difference between small values. Same goes for water height in my opinion.

(Oh, and not directly PTE related, but the theta commander's icon still has the head with the chin. I think the theta commander's eye could use a little improvement too, possibly. The black part just kind of phases into grey.)
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Ground units seem to be having trouble hitting moving targets, don't remember seeing this in earlier builds.
    It's most visible when having a bunch of units attacking a commander because he lasts for a bit longer when under fire.

Have a blob of dox or tanks attack a commander that is walking away from the blob, you'll notice the front line of the blob gets in range, some units stop, try to fire but are already out of range and move forward again.
    They don't seem to try to STAY in range enough.
    Not all the units in the blob do this, but enough of them to notice.

If the units closed their target more than exact max range more of the blob would be able to lay down fire.
  4. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

My vision in game flickers on and off, it's really annoying.

Also, could you add an option to change the landing zone before the game starts, in case you change your mind?
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  5. aevs

aevs Post Master General

My view is extremely buggy while PiP is active (large black triangles appear across the screen, the likes of which I haven't seen in anything since I fried a graphics card once). Unit vision indication also bugs out big time while it's active.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  6. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Yeah, that's what was causing it for me, it just kept getting worse and worse.
  7. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Just want to clarify after some more testing: it seems velocity rounds to integers only when manipulating the velocity pointer, and when moving a planet the velocity will stay as a floating point value. So, I'd say the behaviour with the velocity pointer should be reverted to not rounding to integers.
  8. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Addresses PA#3613 Unable To Place Buildings After Using Hotkeys. Funny how that got fixed right after Brad ran into it in his stream yesterday ;^)

However, there is a new behavior: I can't use any Coherent-based hotkeys while holding shift.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  9. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Wow. I sound like a fan boy. Guess I am for the first time ever. Feels good.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  10. CryFisch

CryFisch Member

strange statistics

Attached Files:

11. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Alot of New cool stuff been added, Good Work Uber
    :)

Biggest issue for me is the engineer assist, it is very Random If they want to assist anything, really a pain in the...
    kayonsmit101 likes this.
  12. wondible

Units to stop outside their firing range when told to attack. This applies to at least dox, basic tanks, and infernos, and could be what's breaking booms.
  13. wondible

Lots of issues with PIP - many effects appear on PIP when open - selection box, attack area circle, and when I was moving to another planet, I saw the astraeus selection circle and indicator line going down for the pick-up, in the PIP which was looking at the planet I wanted to unload on.

Galactic War: game over screen didn't appear (sim still paused and I couldn't select things); PIP was open at the time. ESC menu was able to open, and now has "Return to War" as it should.
  14. Zahav

Zahav Member

I know most sites don't let you post this stuff but I'm sure Uber is OK with it.
    Here is a pic of my Humungus-D

upload_2014-7-19_9-13-25.png

Courtesy of the Galactic War system generator.
  15. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I actually have more fun with PTE than stable. Keep up the Good work uber!
  16. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Using the option the option to land anywhere often has the AI choosing a spot very near me, like, within the commanders firing range :p any plans on how to prevent this ?

I think it indicates the AI chooses it's spots wisely, near the highest metal concentration, just like I choose heh.
    This leads to kinda silly 3 minute games if not shorter.
  17. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

So don't use that option with AI ;).
  18. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

But against human players the result might not be much different.. :p
  19. nlaush

nlaush Active Member

Is anyone else having trouble with the music in this version? PA will play the menu music and about thirty seconds of music in the game and then it goes down for the rest of the game. The other audio (sfx) is playing just fine. Tried turning the music off and on again with ctrl+s, but it only works with the menu music, not in game apparently. F5 will allow it to start up again, but it only lasts about a minute and from then on, there are only sound fx playing. :(
  20. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

That option is useful when you are playing with people you know and you have "House" rules you are using. Otherwise I agree.