PTE build 86641-pte is now live!

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by mkrater, August 25, 2015.

1. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

Is system editor bug that deletes all custom csg fixed?
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Stable has been very crashy, often with an out of memory windows message. (8.1) Just got a crash on PTE with an memory warning. It seems to be multi-planet systems, which makes sense as they use a lot of memory, though I have to play for a few minutes before issues start occuring. I also had cut off sounds in stable, but they are shredding trees outside just now, so it's hard to say about PTE ;^)

Final log messages say creating frame buffer failed, and it did upload a crash report.
  3. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Yup, this was a mistake. Sorry about that! OP has been updated with the base notes as well.
    Quitch and temeter like this.
  4. pinbender

pinbender Active Member

This is a rare issue we are still investigating. (It happens about once a week across our entire team.) In your log, it says "ERROR Mesh included in culling for more than one LOD.", which previously would have caused your client to hang instead of crash. We added a way of keeping it from getting stuck (along with that error message) so we can gather crash callstacks and get more information about the problem.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Anecdotally, there appears to be quite a few issues with Windows 10 (had a guy in a game I just finished who crashed several times and apparently didn't before the update).

I guess there are a lot of users so probably quite small group, kinda put me off pulling the trigger on updating to win 10 just yet though.
  6. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

I found a way to make it not crash. If I run the game in compatibility mode for windows 8. @pinbender