PTE build 75134-main (please post feedback and bugs here)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jables, November 17, 2014.

1. K1S3L

K1S3L Member

Many say that the balance is bad, but its not. You dont use defense because you didnt know how right, you dont use grenadier because enemy dont use defense. You dont build T2 not because its bad, but because small radius of the planet not allow do this. We have only problem with T2 air, but its easily solved by increasing HP or maybe worth adding T2 bombers turret.

And if you want to improve bolo/bombers against dox, it is necessary to increase bolo/bombers projectile velocity. But I think now is normal.

And yet, that would make scouts important part of the game, you can reduce view radius at 1-5 less than attack radius.
    Last edited: November 20, 2014
    Kryoclasm and Quitch like this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I hope that those tiny changes are just a little add in and that we will get quite a few more changes, pushed into the PTE first and then, after a week or two of playing and not finding horrible broken things, stable.
    My biggest hope is also that the person or team at Uber working on balance changes makes a long post explaining their own thoughts in detail and why they changed stuff as they did. A perfect post like that would especially also try to talk about the issues the community has voiced, so balance mods and essays/discussions written by the community.
    obviously especially my own post "Of investments, energy, metal and reclaiming" ;>
    The hope here is that a real conversation between Uber and the community about balance can happen that visibly goes into both directions. I don't expect Uber to start answering to every post people make, but I think a loose "here is our long text referencing your long texts and discussions" would go a long way to create a 2 way balance discussion with Uber without having Uber employees engage in horribly pointless endless cycling discussion that always end up being about the definition of "strategy" ;)
    One of the big issues I see with the current way balance was done that it was most often seemed like Uber decided in secret on changes based on something they saw in the playerbase, released the changes, maybe fixed a typo in the numbers somewhere and then stopped doing balance work again for weeks or month, even though the community quickly found that the new changes resulted in a bunch of new broken things after much less time.
  3. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Yeah pretty sure that's exactly how balance has been done to date. Give grenadier a bit more range and dps and the T1 ground game is done in my eyes.

T2 units need to be better/ worth the risk of going t2, and naval to get some love. So it's real close .
    cdrkf, Quitch and websterx01 like this.
  4. cola_colin

Don't forget the screwed energy/metal balance that makes wreckage pointless to the point of being removed.
    Also orbital, though orbital is also a big UI issues.
  5. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

It looks like your display name in PA is lilbthebasedlord - are you trying to change it? If so, it can be changed in-game: http://support.uberent.com/kb/faq.php?id=59
  6. Sleeser

Sleeser Active Member

the ai is doing nothing t_T and not 1-2 times every single time :\ so yea good luck fixing
  7. endurrr

endurrr Active Member

Thanks guys <3 got it working
    jables likes this.
  8. lilbthebasedlord

lilbthebasedlord Active Member

I always used the thing on Uber's website under "my account".
    I tried the in game method and nothing happened, not even an error message. Both on the PTE and Live

EDIT: I took the spaces out and it works. I guess at some point spaces became illegal and the game rejected whatever it fetched from the database.

Attached Files:

9. cola_colin

especially the ice planet has quite bad issues with the brightness on AMD cards. It's a general bug that has been around for quite a while, but it really is super obvious on ice maps like this:

[​IMG]

Enabling HDR and ambient occlusion does somewhat help:
    [​IMG]