PTE build: 74416-main

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jables, October 27, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I've seen this a few times in AI FFAs. Sometimes a bit flips in the late game and it goes on a rampage across the map.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Unique seeds? As in, any two seeds won't generate a very similar planet anymore like before? Or just marginally better than before?
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

The planet you get from a seed of for example 10000 will be wildly different from a planet with a seed of 10001. That's just how random number generators work. Of course, since there is a huge number of available seeds (and therefore planets), you could probably find two planets that look similar, but the odds are rather low.
  4. thetrophysystem

They used to be very frequent between many numbers. Like I remember people saying that if the 2nd number is 7 or the 5th number is 7, it doesn't matter what you change other numbers to and it keeps water in same place or something.

Are there more unique seeds now, or do seeds mostly stay the same when the same numbers are changed?
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Ah, yeah, that does ring a bell... Just testing a bit and it seems seeds 3 and 6 in stable are similar. Though they are still not exactly the same.
  6. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Just played a game against (P)Headcrab, and half the time my units weren't attacking. The same unit would start/stop attacking without me changing it's fire orders seemingly randomly. Only possible problems I can think of are that maybe the tanks think that those icebergs or my factories were way bigger and they couldn't shoot past them. Here's a screenshot, note that the tanks turrets are pointing straight forward even though bots are in range...
    [​IMG]

EDIT: I haven't noticed this before, hence posting it in the PTE thread.
  7. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

If you were in a game that got to the "Game Over" screen, and you went back in the queue, but chose to "Abandon" the game that's incorrectly marked as still going, you will not get a matchmaking penalty - neither queue time nor rating.
    cola_colin likes this.
  8. thetrophysystem

Oh I figured not. I was just saying. It was understandably ambiguous, but not to me because I know the game results happens on game end and so the queue would be unaffected.
  9. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

was watching a replay in stable and i notice this too.
    iv seen it a few times, for some reason units wont fire until they get at a certain angle.

1.jpg 2.jpg
    Last edited: October 30, 2014
  10. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I can also confirm the "units not attacking" bug.
  11. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Re: One of the bugs burntcustard mentioned, about being able to use the size of the previous planet type in the editor...

I'd hope you don't fix that, but instead expand it to be a feature. We've been making use of it to...

-Create small metal planets without an Annihilaser (it's nice to have the option to play on Metal Planets without them dominating the focus of the game!)

-Create small gas planets that similarly don't over-centralize the game because you can't fit that many Jigs on them

Being able to play on "balanced" metal and gas planets is pretty cool IMO.
    n00n and zaphodx like this.
  12. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Just noticed this small bug when selecting a system to edit when entering the system designer (the amount of metal spots is displayed as a float instead of integer).

Capture.JPG
  13. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

I'd like to know this too. At this point I can's say that I have seen more than 5 completely different planet layouts per planet type. At one point they just start repeating, the only difference is that they repeat on different parts on the planet (IE One time a singular huge sea would cover the entire north pole, the other time it would cover an area on equator and then another time it would be on the south pole).
  14. wondible

I'll have to try and reproduce this on PlayFab sometime, but I've seen three cases where an AI landed in water, built factories on the shore, and then never moved the military land units which kept pumping out of the factories and turning into giant idle deathballs. In at least one case it was definitely using naval and air aggressively.

Disclaimer: I was experimenting with AI personalities, but after noticing the pattern I threw the three that had this behavior on a moon, and they were attacking fine.
  15. wondible

Looks like it's not specific to PTE. Off to bugtracker. PA#4208
  16. SonicAndSmoke

SonicAndSmoke New Member

Did something happened with build 74416? Just finished a local game and exited the game when steam downloaded a 30mb update for pa. Now the version is 73939 on both the official and the pte stream.
  17. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

My launcher shows 74484... Launcher.PNG
  18. SonicAndSmoke

SonicAndSmoke New Member

Nevermind, just received the update to 74484...maybe a small steam glitch or something.
  19. wondible

Just downloaded the update. The last three or so times, I've gotten an error message unpacking the files; I hit verify again, it appears to re-download one file, and then successfully apply. OS X 10.9; I always modify the game directory by adding devtools, which keeps getting deleted by the launcher update.
  20. wondible

74484 visible changes:

- Translations
    - Coupon updates in Armory
    - Matchmaking states are strings instead of numbers, and changes are delayed slightly
    - Start screen has a new UserTitleData field for setting display name