PTE build: 74416-main

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jables, October 27, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Appears not :-(
  2. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Woohoo! So I saw in IRC that the new PTE had dropped, checked the link, woohoo! Downloaded the PTE, had my dinner, scurried back for some official matchmaked games!

Only played three games so far. Two of them were on the Duellist system, which frankly has to go:

Those spawns are not fair. Purple guy has six metal spots within his landing zone. I had two, and a long walk to get to the nearest cluster of four. I played two games on this system, both with the exact same spawns for myself and my opponent. I lost both games. First game was to Zykey who's better than me anyway, I did not know the second player. Obviously that is a tiny sample to go on but you can't deny that the spawns are unfair :/

And the second system I played on: http://i.imgur.com/sSRkaEi.jpg - bloody hell! We agreed to spawn on the same planet, I don't think either of us wanted a long orbital game (fun as they are!!). Some kind of veto system would be nice, like @cola_colin's PA Stats map pool. I hear that there are only three systems right now for the official match-making map pool? That's a bit small, although I appreciate it we are just in the testing, PTE phase. Nonetheless, why not just use some of the systems the community has already created and put so many hours into? The new PA Stats map pool is pretty good :)

Great work Uber, hope we can refine it into something truly awesome!
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

It's good that you are working on improving the system editor, but please do not remove the seed slider!

With just a single button to randomize the seed, we can no longer go back to a previous layout if we can't find a better one! I did that all the time.

By all means keep the random button though, but only in addition to the slider!
    corteks likes this.
  4. pinbender

pinbender Active Member

Yes.

Just kidding. We found a nav bug. I grabbed Elijah and got him to look at it. Hopefully we'll track that one down real quick.
  5. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

We'll be working on improving the map selection for ranked games. The current selection were just the premade systems that were indicated to be good for 2 players. Obviously that second system you played on is pretty bad for 1v1 matches.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

There is a file with community suggestions you might consider:
    https://github.com/pamods/uimod-pa_...a_stats/scenes/ranked_matcher/maps/mappool.js
    Last edited: November 4, 2014
    shootall, Tripax, elodea and 2 others like this.
  7. jables

jables Uber Employee

update to the OP with some known issues
    edeetee and Remy561 like this.
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

My chronocam is still bugged. :(

When I switch to chronocam after a game the whole UI locks up. I'm playing with mods on, but this has happened in past builds without any mods. I think we decided it was an Intel graphics issue, right?
  9. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Is there a leaderboard implemented at this stage? Would be nice to see where I am in relation to other people.
  10. jables

jables Uber Employee

Leaderboards is near future. This update only includes what is called out in the update notes :)
    Remy561 likes this.
  11. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

img_quad_tokamaktech.png img_raptor_beniesk.png img_raptor_stickman9000.png Diremachine Commander.jpg

All 4 New Commanders. Your welcome.
    ArchieBuld, Remy561, mjshorty and 2 others like this.
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

corteks, stonewood1612 and Bsport like this.
  13. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The single most obvious thing that jumps out at me is the lack of a "Queue again" button on the end game screen.
    killerkiwijuice and Clopse like this.
  14. jables

jables Uber Employee

will be in next build.
  15. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

corteks and Remy561 like this.
  16. cdrkf

17. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

That tophat... i know TB kickstarted the game. how much did he kickstart for? i would not be surprised if that was his com.
    corteks and cdrkf like this.
  18. cdrkf

Or perhaps it belongs to @oathalliance ?
  19. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

looking forward to better balanced maps. the ice planet favors the player that starts beside the long strip of metal. desert planet is a one mex start with bad expansions v a 6 mex start with good expansions.

oh but it's still great and thanks guys.
    elodea likes this.
  20. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

just though id give you the like to even out the post/like ratio
    killerkiwijuice likes this.