Promethean Clan-General Discussions/Announcments

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by lancemich, September 27, 2013.

1. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Well hey, 2 players in the quarter finals isn't that bad. And we would have had 3 in quarter finals and 1 in the semis if Commissar had just turned on PAStats....shame....Lapsed you should play in the next one, we need to start showing these Realm players some competition :D
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
    archcommander likes this.
  2. puddin42596

puddin42596 New Member

Yep. This was kind of what i thought the rest of the night...
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  3. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Yeah I will play in the next one, got 3 weeks of exams after this week and then I'm FREEEE.
    We should run some big clan v clan team matches as well, I love 5v5s. Maybe I'll try to organise a weekly interclan mini-tournament this summer, at the moment almost all the tournament play is 1v1.
  4. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

cmdrflop likes this.
  6. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Too bad evrything went wrong in the match against elodea and ofcourse Zaphodx had to stream that. Sadly it was single elimination, I'm sure i could have put on more of a fight as i did there. Well, i beat matiz, so it doesn't matter that much really :rolleyes:(The highlight for me)

Btw, Any plans on becoming more competetive on the pa scene any time soon cdrkf? Maybe you'll have some more time for pa in the summer vacation?
  7. cdrkf

Sadly I'm an oldie now... no 'summer vacation' for me :p Well actually that isn't true, I'm having 1 week off for a holiday but I probably won't be playing any games that week.

I'll try and get a bit more time on PA, just depends on other commitments. When I was younger I had lots of time to play these games, but no money to afford the equipment I'd need to play them well. Now I have more money (just about at least lol), but no time...
  8. lapsedpacifist

Nice job beating matiz! Impressive.

One day I'll be able to play PA again. One day all my exams will be over.
    One day...
    cdrkf and cmdrflop like this.
  9. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Cdrkf i read on six ways to awesome thread that you maybe were planning on joining, in that case we should do some practice. Now i know you got very little time, but i'm kinda done with school and all the stuff i do now (training, music, other gaming, reading and other stuff) is very flexible. So anytime you got time for maybe 1 match just give me a pm and i'll most probably have time ;) . Should maybe sent it a bit before so i have time to see it.

The same counts for you lapsed (you were planning to join too right?) but if i recall correctly you'll be done with exams and have some more time at that time?
  10. cdrkf

Ok, I'll try and hook up for a game or 2 this week... Also what music are you doing? I'm a (reasonably competent) Jazz Pianist in my spare time (hence my name on Challonge...)
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  11. lapsedpacifist

Very nice, I've been getting into jazz recently (listened to tommy Flanagan for about 3 hours yesterday, great music to revise to), and also going to my local jazz club which has some pretty well known people sometimes (Nigel Kennedy this week!).
    I play violin, mostly classical with a bit of blues and folk. Got myself a sexy 5 stringed electric arriving this month sometime so that should be a lotta fun.

Don't think I'll be doing six ways tourney headcrab, I've got exams for 2 weeks after this week, and then I'm on holiday for a week. After that I'll be here for most of the summer.

I could probably play a few games next week though, I'll get on TS sometime.
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

haha, we could start the Official Promethean PA jazz band with lapsed on violin, cdkrf on the piano and me on bass :p
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. cdrkf

Well as lapsed has an electric violyn coming, you're bass will be electric and although a piano can't be hooked up to a PC I do have a decent keyboard.... on-line jamming session some time? :D
  14. cdrkf

Btw just a FYI, been talking to the Team Burning guys, looks like they'd be up for some clan matches once everyone gets exams and such out of the way. Time zones will be a little tricky as they're all in GMT + 11, I was thinking Friday Evening / Sat morning could work, or Sat AM / Sat PM would be a good option when everyone could be online at the same time...?
  15. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

I'll only have time friday evening/ sat morning, saturday evening will not work for me
  16. cdrkf

We're not talking this weekend (I'm not available anyway). This is a bit of pre planning for some clan games once everyone has gotten past exams and such like, so probably in a few weeks. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up, see if we can't get a few of us together for some bigger games!

The loose plan is a few 2 v 2 games with spectators, then maybe finish it with a 4 v 4 or 5 v 5 clan brawl just for kicks (or maybe an all clan 10 way ffa).
  17. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

ah, okay. I see
  18. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

I'm down, and i think we might have a new member to the clan soon: He is a friend from school who has recently gotten the game and after training him a week or 2, he is actually pretty decent. Clan matches sound super fun, I can't wait for some 2v2 with a little bit of difficulty
  19. flatboat

flatboat New Member

i would like to join im very active and played with to of your members
  20. flatboat

flatboat New Member

sorry i'm not five i played with two of your members