Poll on control scheme

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by neutrino, August 13, 2010.

?

Which controller scheme do you use?

1. Standard

230 vote(s)
    69.5%
  2. Tactical

43 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Would use SouthPaw

8 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Would like another alternate

50 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

after i remapped the buttons on the pc version for my xbox controller i have been playing far better than when i did with the standard options , if there is anyway to give a few more options on the xbox controls please make it happen.

all i changed was switched the Left Shoulder function for the A button and the Right Shoulder for B button and it has made me better than i ever would be with the standard options.
  2. xRustySpoon

xRustySpoon New Member

I'm tired of not being able to control both my aim and my movement in the air. I can't claw, it hurts if I try it for extended periods of time. Seriously, it would be a small change. The Left Bumper would be the jetpack, and the blue skill would be activated by clicking in on the Left Thumbstick, much like the yellow skill with the right. There, solved.
  3. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

exactly , these few configs offered are nothing more than handicaps placed on us.
  4. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Although being able to claw gives me a major advantage at times, I agree that you should be able to fly without the A button. And it shouldn't have to be an expense where you go out an buy a fancy controller.
  5. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

i went to the xbox version today for the first time since i started the pc version and the lack of a proper control scheme that works for me was brutal.. how the hell did i ever play with these xbox controls.

if by some magical force , less us get one more option to swap (B) with Right bumper and (A) with Left bumper. Please
  6. xRustySpoon

xRustySpoon New Member

Any word on adding a Bumper Jumper layout? I would be curious to see what Uber had to say about this.
  7. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

the only way it would be fair is if the bumper jumper option makes us have a jet thruster meter , if it was the current infinite jet thrust then it would be too OP.

but the need for a bumper jumper setting far outweighs the need for infinite jump jets.
  8. HazeTheRipper

HazeTheRipper New Member

i Run the standard layout but i also would prefer to config my button layout like on 99% of the pc games
  9. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

I use tactical, but I wish I could pick my own individual button layout.
  10. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

If it were me, I would probably use the standard setting with the jump and reload buttons switched. This way, I could jump, aim, shoot, and pre-spin my miniguns at the same time. The problem with mapping the jump button to a trigger is that it doesn't allow you to prespin without taking your thumb off of the sticks unless you completely reset the controls. I have used standard since day one. Tried tactical and southpaw, but they are not meant for me.

I learned to claw fairly decently, so now the need for the switch in controls isn't necessary for me, but for those that cannot claw, they need the customization.
  11. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

F everything about clawing.
  12. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

Clawing is definitely not ideal.
  13. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

If you use south-paw you don't have to claw - right thumb to move about & use the
    underside of the thumb knuckle to hit the buttons: it works a treat for me :D
  14. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

F everything about that too , but i am happy you found a way that works for you : )
  15. TehRussBus

TehRussBus New Member

South Paw makes me feel handicapped, no thanks
  16. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member

Im left handed and i dont use south paw, and ??? how do you claw using south paw
  17. jaysofacton

That's the beauty of south-paw - you don't have to claw :D
  18. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

you still would need to. with southpaw if you just jump straight up and down while shooting, you are going to get massacred. there is much more to clawing than just jumping up.
  19. jaysofacton

As I state a few post previous - right thumb on stick to move around & I hit the buttons with the underside of the same thumbs knuckle. It works... but probably just as tricky as clawing to get used to.
  20. Domon

Domon New Member

recently switched to tactical and i love it. yet, i would like to have the jump button on L3, to better jump and shoot. my aim would be already bad enough even with that, i don't need to remove my thumb from aim to make it bad :)