Poll on control scheme

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by neutrino, August 13, 2010.

?

Which controller scheme do you use?

1. Standard

230 vote(s)
    69.5%
  2. Tactical

43 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Would use SouthPaw

8 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Would like another alternate

50 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. Infininja

Infininja New Member

Since I found out the control diagram was wrong and switch weapon and reload are where they should be for tactical I have switched.

That said, juicing seems to be much harder with the tactical control scheme. You have to hit the buttons just about simultaneously to the point where I almost always just end up using my blue skill, then not juicing at all because I tend to hit RB a little later than LB.
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Yes, I have problems with this too
  3. Briq

Briq New Member

Same here. There's been times when I spam both buttons for 5 seconds trying to juice only to end up dying without ever using it. It's pretty infuriating, but it's the only bad thing I can say about the tactical layout. One other minor thing is the assassin lunge being the X button, I'd rather have it on a bumper, but I haven't been playing much assassin lately anyway because of overplayed they are.
  4. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

Gotta be honest, I'm naturally a lefty (taught to write with my right hand, but I do pretty much everything else lefty), but over 20 years of video games has left me associating my left hand with movement. I've tried southpaw schemes, but they just feel unnatural to me at this point.

While I sympathise, due to trouble with other right-dominant tasks, I've gotten so used to gaming with a default layout.
  5. Ownwithpride1

Ownwithpride1 New Member

******* this **** EVERY GODDAMNED TIME.

Need to design a custom button layout scheme.

Everyone would win.
  6. Kor

Kor New Member

I just want to say that it's a bit of an unfair advantage that Assault actually have the capability to jump/hover, and aim at the same time due to the tactical control scheme.

I'd love to be able to do that as a gunner without turning my wrist in a very awkward fashion.

Or is this supposed to be a perk as the assault?
  7. Infininja

Infininja New Member

The assault should be able to do that with either control scheme.
  8. OoPpEe1985

OoPpEe1985 New Member

Custom please and PLEASE incorperate custom setups for each class too.
    Also any chance we can get MORE sensitivity options? It's great but whenever I player sniper I HAVE to increase the sensitivity but this gives up my aim and looking when not zoomed.
    I was thinking:
    Look sensitivity (your basic look)
    Weapon Aim Sensitivity (when bringing up aim on non-long range weapons -ex- assaults machine gun)
    Long Range Sensitivity (Sniper, Railgun)

I would love the ability to have my look be what it is, if aiming with a gun able to have it one higher and when aiming with sniper rifle have it 3 higher.
  9. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Have sensitivity options like that ever been built into a game?

I've had setups like that, but only through scripting
  10. Kor

Kor New Member

how many thumbs do you have on your right hand?

if using the Standard control scheme a person would use their left thumb for turning. The right thumb for aiming, while the right index was shooting. he would need another thumb to hold down either the A button, or the Y button.

if using Tactical, the assault can use left thumb to turn, right thumb to aim, index finger to hover, and right middle finger to fire.
  11. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

Yes. Gears of war 2 has 3 sensitivities for look/aim/zoom.
    I'm not saying GOW2 is better - if Uber had Epics budget
    I'm sure they would have all the bells & whistles aswell.
  12. OoPpEe1985

OoPpEe1985 New Member

Yes, sadly only have had it on PC games. I did play a couple PS2 games which had Aim and Look sensitivity different but no games aside from TF2 and TFC which supported custom binds and settings based upon class (TFC you didn't need to script it - option in menu)
  13. Infininja

Infininja New Member

Maybe I'm mistaken, but there is no holding involved for the assault. A single tap of Y or a tap of A while in the air should activate the jetpack until it runs out of fuel. Yes, you would have to momentarily take your finger off the right thumbstick to tap A, but that's hardly a big deal.

Aiming while jetpacking with the tank and gunner is another story entirely.
  14. OptiMAT

OptiMAT New Member

It's true, I just double tap A or press Y once depending on what I need. If it's an Assassin-Grapple-Escape move I usually just press Y and hover along the floor while shooting. If it's against a class with a gun i tend to do it in midair because it puts them off for a brief enough moment for me to get an edge.

I admit there's a delay in being able to effectively aim while using Standard Controls but when you've been playing with the 360 controller for like 2-3 years, it's probably considerably less than a second if you're panicking (and therefore naturally moving a little quicker).
  15. V A L K 3 N

V A L K 3 N New Member

Tactical, with jump on left thumbstick in addition to it being on A.

Nuff said.
  16. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Jump doesn't work well on sticks since they kinda "click" instead of press
    Plus with how often you jump in this game...your poor thumb stick will wear out quick
  17. SaTaNiCxCaRnAgE

SaTaNiCxCaRnAgE New Member

Got to say i been playing alot of halo reach lately and i would love to have a bumper jumper control setting for MNC.
  18. mayolog

mayolog New Member

I'm perfectly happy with standard controls, but I really wish I could change the 'buy skills' button.

For some reason my left thumb often bumps the d-pad in the heat of battle. So at crucial moments I end up purchasing skills instead of escaping or finishing off my opponent. That's really the only complaint I have, although being able to aim while jumping does sound like an improvement.
  19. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Just wanna post again in hopes that lunge for tactical assassin will be the left bumper instead of a second sprint

The problem with it is that it's hard to line up a lunge on a player that is jumping around because you have to let go of the right stick :x
  20. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Can we map our own buttons like in TF2?

If not, I'd want this-
    Jump- LB
    Reload- X
    Weapon Swap- Y
    Blue Skill- LS
    Yellow Skill- RS
    Red Skill- RB
    Primary Attack- RT
    Secondary Attack- LT