Planetary Annihilation is on the front page of Reddit /Games!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by philoscience, September 10, 2014.

1. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

/r/Games is currently discussing if PA is a good game or not. The comments are generally very positive- loads of people are saying how much the game has improved and how unique the gameplay is! A few people rightly point out that the current build is pretty buggy, but even they are for the most part not too unhappy. I think Uber must have introduced a lot of new bugs in the release build because it was definitely running smoother before. That is good news because it means a much smoother build is likely just around the corner! Great to see so much positivity about PA.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2g051l/hows_planetary_annihilation/

I noticed a lot of new players are discussing how difficult PA is and how much APM it requires. I think this is actually only true until you know some good builds for exponential growth. I remember feeling like PA required infinite APM, but with a good starting build and some camera saves I actually feel that it is not at all bad, particularly in team games. Probably some of these new players can use your helpful suggestions!
    Last edited: September 10, 2014
  2. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Negativity everywhere EXCEPT Reddit?
    When did I enter the Twilight Zone!?
  3. philoscience

Har har :) I wouldn't over exaggerate. There is lots of positive thinking to be found. Steam forums are a notorious cesspool. Lets stay positive folks!
    Jaedrik and shootall like this.
  4. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

I am slightly surprised as well, even online game magazines that posted something about the release, mostly positive comments...
  5. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

My APM is pretty damn low and I do OK. Area commands and repeat build FTW.
    Planktum, Murcanic, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  6. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Tell them all it's amazing, and give tips so that they have fun and spread the word!
  7. philoscience

I haven't seen any professional reviews yet - please do post them!
  8. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

It was not a professional review, just an article for example that PA got released. The comments from the readers/users were mostly positive. :)
  9. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I'm surprised we haven't seen ANY professional reviews yet. Or even updates on previous early access reviews...
    igncom1 likes this.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I did see one in the german media. It went like "this could be a good game, but bugs, missing features, no servers, meh". They sadly did not even say that those features are in development right now :/
  11. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

You're talking about PCGames or Gamestar? Former one said 'it's still fun', latter one was at least 'we'll probably get the stuff at one point, but now is release and a test is due'.
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think it was PCGames. Yeah sure they didn't say it is all horrible. I was just waiting for a "yeah servers are not there yet, but they will come". But the second part of the sentence was missing, which is kinda sad if an uninformed person sees it.
  13. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Yeah, pc games felt a bit uninformed. Although it is kinda an issue that the game's state isn't made obvious.
  14. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Isn't linking directly to an item on a subreddit a big no-no? I'm not a reddit vet, but someone like @brianpurkiss or @cwarner7264 might know.
  15. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Only linking to something you've posted is bad. Eh, it's a funny place. I don't know why I go there.

EDIT: More info http://www.reddit.com/wiki/reddiquette
    Quitch likes this.
  16. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Linking is fine. Asking for votes isn't.

There are entire subreddits dedicated to linking to other posts. Just can't witchhunt and beg for votes.
    Quitch likes this.
  17. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

drz1 likes this.
  18. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I did German at A Level but never French, what's the general impression? :)
  19. adoghost

adoghost Active Member

google translator
  20. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

But google translate doesn't sum it up in one or two bite sized sentences :p