Planetary Annihilation: Early Access Edition Available Now!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, June 20, 2014.

1. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

[​IMG]

We've got a special announcement to share today: Planetary Annihilation is now available in stores across the world.

As part of our partnership with Nordic Games, we've released a boxed version of the game called Planetary Annihilation: Early Access Edition. In stores now, Early Access Edition offers all the content the current digital version has, but delivered in a way that fans who prefer the brick-and-mortar experience can enjoy.

Owners of Early Access Edition will receive free updates and eventually will receive the game's "full" update when Planetary Annihilation releases later this year. The new pack-in Armalisk Commander is pretty cool, too.

Fans around the globe have expressed interest in a boxed version of our work-in-progress title. Whether it's because they prefer having something physical to go along with their purchases or they enjoy the perks of retail, we're happy to get this out to them.

And now for a bit of Q&A:

Where's my game box or USB key?

We'll be getting these out to you after Planetary Annihilation ships this year. Thanks a ton for your patience, and we think you're going to love the packaging.

Wait, what's the release date?

We're close. Planetary Annihilation launches in 2014.

Can people also order this box online?

Yep! Check out Amazon!

---

Edit: And we want to talk about this with you -- if you have any questions, feel free to fire them in here.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Make sure that it has a big red sign "You need a fast internet connection for all the patches" or you'll get some people who assume "Boxed=I do not need internet" really unhappy.

Apart from that: nice!
    EdWood, tehtrekd and cwarner7264 like this.
  3. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

when would be PA ship to the middle east
  4. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

won't hacker take advantage of this?
  5. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

No. It's very difficult to pirate a game that still has always-online DRM.
  6. tehtrekd

Uh, I believe I've asked this before, but who still buys retail copies of PC games? Especially ones that require a constant internet connection?
  7. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

Welcome to year 2014 where everyone should have an internet connection. Not a fast one, but still. Mine is not fast too and I can patch pretty quickly.
  8. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

It will be deleted as soon as the game hits Release. Also, maybe for hardcore fans of the game?
  9. tehtrekd

Then why not wait until the game is fully released?
    Sure it's a smexy commander, but is it really worth waiting [DATA EXPUNGED] months to play it?
  10. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Considering buying this just for the commander.
    melhem19 likes this.
  11. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

You'd be surprised. There are a ton of folks out there who want to walk away from actual stores with something physical in their hands. Also, some people don't like to pay for things online. They'd prefer to use cash.
  12. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

You really belive that?

I like that all games that i have buy +300, like the last image i post about all games i buy non digital format because the subject (buy digital or the old way) and i also agreed that digital its mush bether then the old way.

But belive in this world its sad the pirates im totaly against it iff the games not pass the 49.00 euros (the 49.99 its really stupid), but there is always some one that find a way like we see every days.

Im just onether one that think who make games, that it can be a hard job , they have to be offset .

this whole post should have huge mistakes, but maybe something is good understanding , i havent used the translator.

But indeed i prefer cash then digital like many players that are not safe online payment

I already saw Steam warn us about ower accounts that some hakers could steal ower inf
  13. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Besides that, I am sure they can continue selling basically this at release, so people can still buy the physical copy, except then it will actually come with the physical copy because it is actually finished.

So it costs nothing to start selling it early. "Preorders with early access" if you would. People buy preorders all the time, even without early access to the preorder. This may be the future, buy a preorder, play it early access as well, assuming you agree to sympathize with the game's unfinished state.

And "Gamestop" isn't dead (yet)...

Also, this is a culture thing. Most people from Netherlands I hear don't have access to credit cards, most Americans wouldn't understand that but it is what I hear.

Either way, this is a very great thing for the devs and everybody, every sale they make is another day of development. Not literally, but... meh, whatevs.

The only downside, is people being upset with the early access state for a number of reasons, is forgiveable, because the game is getting closer to done, and they will get the memo when they recieve the physical copy and check the differences in it. It might impress them, if they don't know anything about "game development progress", which if they are upset is likely the case.
  14. carcinoma

carcinoma New Member

Is Armalisk commander exclusive for the boxed version of PA? If not, will it be available to buy from armory or even available for free for every Early Access owner?
    AfailingHORSE likes this.
  15. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

no he's absolutely right, people will come on here and complain and them being dumb about not needing internet should not be our problem. we gotta wall off all possible backlashes.

also 2014?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

ay-ay-ay
  16. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I dont get wy you guys worry so mush with commanders that are the worst unit on game ,what about the rest ?
  17. valheria

valheria Active Member

I do hope they still allow people to buy physical copy's of a game because i absolutely hate this "era" of download everything on steam ect.. Being sheep basically because they get bullied into it on teamspeak ect for being retarded to not use steam.. Everyone should have a choice of how they want to own a game.
    nlaush, melhem19 and kalherine like this.
  18. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

If I could build them, they would be the best unit in my eyes.

:p
  19. tehtrekd

Well, "no" is probably too blunt, but it's still not as easy as just making a crack.
    It's most possible that some people already broke into PA's server without buying the game, but compared to the amount of people that will simply apply a crack post-release it's a very small number.
    melhem19 likes this.
  20. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

That´s really big point that concern a lot the players