placing reclaimable brushes?

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by reptarking, March 14, 2015.

1. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Is it possible to set brushes to be reclaimable and set there metal value? I'm essentially trying to make gold mines. Also I was thingies of making units that can only be built on certain brushes/features. bring in metal or energy at different rates. Was also thinking of ways to possibly create more then 2 recources. It would be hacky. But not sure if I can just add instead of metal as the variable just rename it or something. If things like custom 1-10 were added and then I could name them somewhere else and have a way to make a ui mod that shows them. Of course I would need to make new units for the mining/gathering of the new recources. there storages also. And change up what needs what. But I wanted to do something fun and big with the eco possibly. Make certain units cost Gas to run and they slowly drain your gas income just by being alive. If there is no gas then they will not fire of they will crash your eco effeciecey
  2. guest1

guest1 Active Member

You can't make brushes reclaimable. You can make custom reclaimable features and make a biome for them to spawn in, but I don't think you can set specific placement for anything other than metal spots.

@wondible
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

guest1 likes this.
  4. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Alright so in order for this to work I need more hooks.

Is it possible to make certain features only spawn on certain csg? Or are they just random spawn across all biome there set to?
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Only if you arrange the biome type parameters to so that the brush and features spawn under the same conditions. Or maybe cover the entire planet in no feature brushes so they can only spawn on the one you want. Or you have to shadow the metal spot so you can place it manually.